ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

+25
DreamAngel
dtp25
Asian_Innocence
seonn1220
rayna
XinDh1e
strawberrybj
Tangera
hZKitty
anne406
medirin
chereng
crypticbluerose
sbambit
dbsklovee
MexiMami0892
xjjjLOVE
ShenYue!
toocutedoggy
tealfirestar07
Cutie
Michelle
xmizzzy
firegoddess716
soyboy01
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 3 Empty pshhhht

Post by NLTLOVER Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:58 pm

u guyss werent chillin when u guyss were bashing NLT.....and now that we are defending them we're trippin and we need to chill??? pshhhhht u guys need to chill and seriuosly look at this in our point of of veiw WHAT IF we wrote an article on how we think korean bands are copyin american bands.....think about it like that...!
NLT IS AWESOME U GUYSS SERIOUSLY ARE ON SOMETHING BECAUSE YALL WOULD NOT KNOW REAL MUSIC IF IT CAME AND BIT U GUYSS!...and for all the ppl callin them butt ugly...look in the damn mirror.....!

NLTLOVER

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 3 Empty boybands all around

Post by Dapples0 Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:55 pm

I understand that everyone is voicing their own opinions about this topic but that doesn't mean we have to bash each other because of it.

Personally, I am a fan of NLT. They are amazing guys. Very talented and down to earth.( Seeing, as I've met them). Despite the massive popularity of Big Bang and all the other Korean groups, NLT is popular here,too. They are just doing what they love to do. Living their dreams. I doubt they even heard of BB, and if they did I don't think they would care as much.

Comparing, NLT to BB is kinda stupid. NLT is following the footsteps of AMERICAN boybands. Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, 98 degrees, New kids on the block. We all have different tastes here. Judging NLT so fast is bad. Nobody knows, if NLT will achieve popular status as the past boybands. As a fan of theirs, I can only hope.

I've listened and seen videos and stuff of BB. Their not bad, to me. Just not my taste. Well, since I speak english. But, either way. There's a reason they have fans, right? It's because people appreciate their music and their talent, which is the same for all of NLT's fans.

Though, comparing current bands together is something that will all happen. We should just all have and open mind to other styles out there and not break them down, because you think their wack or something.

Dapples0

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 3 Empty whoa!

Post by downwith Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Alright

first of all.

NOT COOL to bash anyone.

Secondly

Wtf. Why would American boybands take the time to study boybands from other countries? (not bashing anyone here, just why would they)

That seems like it'd be a tad bit too much effort. And FOR YOUR INFO Adam Sevani, (one of NLT's members brother) choreographed the Karma video

don't know who he is? Check out ACDC on youtube. It's the biggest online dance battle and ACDC stands for the Adam/Chu Dance cru

Before you start accusing, why don't you just take a chill pill and figure out how it'd feel if someone said Korean bands were ripping off the American ones, because honestly your little Big Bang band is like an Asian NSYNC okay.

downwith

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

Post by CG Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:11 pm

I've read all of these replies and I've decided to throw my two cents in.

NLT stands for Not Like Them. And they're exactly that.
I've heard of Big Bang but never listened to them. I finally did today and I watched like 4 or 5 videos and honestly.. they don't remind me of NLT at all. Maybe a little of VFactory or a little Menudo and some Nsync and a little Chris Brown but I'm not really getting an NLT vibe from them at all. I'm definitely getting a B2K vibe though. My god they're like a replica of B2K.

And as for dance moves.. there is billions of people in the world. Someone is bound to use the same dance move atleast once.
Looks wise.. I don't think any of Big Bang is attractive. Just like most of you don't think NLT is attractive. It's just what you prefer and what I prefer. Everyone has their own opinion.

Talent wise.. I disagree with whoever said Big Bang dances better and sings better than NLT.
They most definitely do NOT need a rapper. 'Do It Like I Love It' is the closest NLT will ever get to that.

I've met NLT and Menudo and they're all really nice and talented guys.
But seriously I highly doubt NLT knows who Big Bang is or cares for that matter.
The US has like the biggest music scene and none of them are going to take the time to try to copy a boyband from another country who is already copying American artists.

CG

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 3 Empty NLT

Post by lindz Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:42 pm

the youngest member of NLT is 18 and he'll be 19 this month. I dont think NLT is anything like big bang. their sound is totally diffrent and so is their look. the only thing they have in common is that they can dance. I dont think NLT even knows who the hell big bang is. hell I didnt know who they were til today. the guys of NLT are super sweet and very talented. they dont need to copy moves from some unknown boyband from another country.

lindz

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3