ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

+25
DreamAngel
dtp25
Asian_Innocence
seonn1220
rayna
XinDh1e
strawberrybj
Tangera
hZKitty
anne406
medirin
chereng
crypticbluerose
sbambit
dbsklovee
MexiMami0892
xjjjLOVE
ShenYue!
toocutedoggy
tealfirestar07
Cutie
Michelle
xmizzzy
firegoddess716
soyboy01
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

Post by XinDh1e Tue May 13, 2008 9:18 am

wew,... Their clothes looks like Asian!!!!

XinDh1e

Number of posts : 3
Warning :
Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

Post by rayna Tue May 13, 2008 10:50 am

tealfirestar07 wrote:^ dude, menudo's weeird

it went from

MENUDO = > MDO = > [back to] MENUDO

ricky martin was in the original menudo (:

lol^^ MENUDO is a filipino food! lolz

ill listen to them later Arrow
rayna
rayna
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 366
Warning :
Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by tealfirestar07 Tue May 13, 2008 12:26 pm

rayna wrote:

no sweetie, Menudo is also mexican food. (:

actually, it's a Hispanic food :]

Last edited by tealfirestar07 on Tue May 13, 2008 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1851
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by crypticbluerose Tue May 13, 2008 2:23 pm

tealfirestar07 wrote:

ricky martin was in the original menudo (:

Didn't even now hahaha....~sighs bands
crypticbluerose
crypticbluerose
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-28

http://www.myspace.com/animebluerose14

Back to top Go down

Post by MexiMami0892 Tue May 13, 2008 3:12 pm

tealfirestar07 wrote:
rayna wrote:

no sweetie, Menudo is also mexican food. (:

actually, it's a Hispanic food :]

lol seriously.
ohhh and abel talamantez the guy with the green eyes in my signature was also in menudo!!
but the menudo now is alright
they're pretty cute
one of em can barely speak english, but thats alright cuz his accent is adorable
but i really like carlos (he's either 17 or 18 / mexican) cuz he's like the hip hop~ish one and chris (15 or 16, hes like puerto rican and venezulan not sure if he's also chinese though, but he speaks decent spanish) and i just really like his voice :]
MexiMami0892
MexiMami0892
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 214
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seonn1220 Tue May 13, 2008 5:00 pm

baahahaha good to know people are trying
to cpopy our kpop style. they'll never be as good as big bang. so no worries. LOL
besides big bang is hotter, better music, & better style, & better voices. BETTER EVERYTHING. no offense but these guys suck -_- bad. they should just stop. & they are missing GD & TOP's rapping skills. LOL

seonn1220

Number of posts : 1
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by medirin Tue May 13, 2008 5:07 pm

^i dont think NLT is copying any asian groups since most asian groups emulate american artists. you won't see beyonce singing and dancing a hyori song, but you've def seen hyori trying to do a beyonce song. if anything, they are trying to copy past american boy bands and artists. most asian groups are not that well known internationally enough to have new american artists try to copy them. still, i agree that NLT is awful! i definitely prefer kpop groups like BB and SuJu.

medirin
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 22
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Asian_Innocence Wed May 14, 2008 7:24 pm

wow...
no matter how hard they'll try
America CAN'T produce the same hotness
as Korean idols.
ew...
they're like cheap imatations.
They're vocals aren't even that good.
But I have to admit,
they're dancing is pretty good...
Another era of boybands for america?
Asian_Innocence
Asian_Innocence
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 37
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Asian_Innocence

Back to top Go down

Post by firegoddess716 Wed May 14, 2008 7:34 pm

well i don't actually think NLT is actually that bad...
though they are butt ugly
i do prefer DBSK and BB and them
but still...
it would be nice to actually understand a song without subs
firegoddess716
firegoddess716
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 479
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by dtp25 Thu May 15, 2008 7:43 am

there is a reason in WHY I listen to boybands in korea... its cause they can ACTUALLY DANCE, and can ACTUALLY SING... and are ACTUALLY GOOD LOOKING. these guys can kiss their careers good bye.

trends may come back but boy bands are lloooooooooooooong gonee. especially if their like this one Very Happy
thats whyy WE love KOREAA... or maybe asia in general lol. and im not even korean .. im filo LOL
hehe junsu fann. XD

dtp25
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 16
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamAngel Thu May 15, 2008 10:58 am

No one get mad at me...but if anyone thinks NLT is copying Big Bang or catching the Boyband fever you are mistaken.

This is by far the funniest thing I have ever read in 2008
first of all WTF? Big Bang? Don't get me wrong they are talented but they are no innvators and I can tell u why observe

B2K Uh huh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawsE1gacrw

Big Bang La La
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlrfqhDPOsE

and then
Omarion O
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za8oxhE6L1s

Big Bang Fool's Only Tear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQZ_mBBg90I

How can anyone even fix there mouths to say that NLT is copying them?
if anything NLT is based off of B2K. When I heard this news my mouth dropped, it was of disbelief
Speaking of B2K, Big Bang is like the biggest B2K rip off please believe it!
I have nothing against them, but they have jacked them big time.
I am still logically trying to understand how anyone can think such a foolish thing.

About the Boyband craze...please USA isnt following asia
how they follow something that they made hype? Before yall had DBSK, HOT, Big Bang, SUJU,NEWS, Faherenhite, Kat-tun, HEYSAY we had New Kids On The Block, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, New Edition. 112, Boyz II Men, Jodeci, B2K, 98 Degrees so u can scratch that discussion!

Get out of the glass house and do ur homework
b4 u say these things.

DreamAngel

Number of posts : 2
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 2 Empty Misconceptions, Nonsense and Wishful Thinking

Post by ADRemy Thu May 15, 2008 1:12 pm

What I am about to write will offend some. I don't really care. It's the truth and needs to be said. However, I will apologize in advance b/c I don't like offending people, but if it must be done to keep nonsense from floating around and about on the internet then it shall be done. Frankly, I am sick and tired of the stuff I'm reading here. I don't know you people, so try not take any of this too personally. However, I'm guessing the majority of the people who agree w/ this article haven't lived in the US and if agree and live in the US you should be ashamed.

First of all, the US can't catch something they've always had. Take it from a boy band fan. The US crafted the era of the Boy band w/ hit makers like the Jackson Five, Boys2Men, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Dreamstreet and 98 Degrees. The Boy band went into what I call a latency period in which emo-rock bands (not to diss my Fall Out Boy Boys...) like FOB, P!ATD, Sum41 and so on and so forth. Then the era of the hip-hop boy bands started w/ bands like B2K and B5 and Making Da Band. Boy bands have always been in the US. ALWAYS. Now, onto another part of the world. Boy bands in Korea aren't even called boy bands, they're called "idol groups." Why? I don't know. I'm not Korean. Now, I happen to like two of these idol groups, Big Bang and SuJu, the former b/c they're talented and the latter b/c they have a lot of cute guys. Yes, I can be shallow too. A lot of people here are spewing nonsense about how NLT/boy bands are copying Korean boy bands. That's impossible b/c most Korean boy bands have little to no talent. They're only there to look good. Secondly, it's Korean artists that are copying US artists. You'll NEVER EVER see Beyonce doing a BoA or a Hyo Ri song, but you will see Hyo Ri trying to booty pop (and fail miserably) to "Crazy in Love." Thirdly, if the US ever decided to copy Korea, then we'd have mass produced groups w/ no talent who attempt to sing and rap only to fail. Here in America, looks can only get you so far in the music industry.

Take Omarion (you know the guy YB from BB is obviously imitating) he was recently dropped from his record label despite being good looking b/c he wasn't raking in the awards. Moreover, the US can't copy people they don't even know exist. Not to burst your fantasy bubbles but NLT 9/10 don't even know who DBSK are and if they do, after seeing them on Korean game shows, they think they're gay. Not trying to be offensive, but its the truth. Please, don't kid yourselves ladies (and gentlemen?). Even if the era of the boy band were to return, I doubt BB would ever make it here however it hurts me to admit this. And it's for the simple fact that 8/10 when black people (you know the people BB is obviously trying to market to since they specialize in hip-pop, R&B, rap) see BB they think "posers." BB amuses my black friends b/c they try so hard to be black when they are obviously not. Not trying to put the boys down, but honestly, you've got five Korean guys wearing shades like Kanye West and trying to act gangsta and you expect the original gangstas to buy that? Not likely. I'm black and I make an exception b/c I grew up with so many different cultures, I couldn't help but love BB b/c I know they're trying. Also, the original boy bands didn't rap--at least the good ones didn't. B/c they were POP! Pop doesn't involve rapping. Alot of you mention how they would be better w/ rappers. No they wouldn't. Like NLT stated, they are a pop/R&B boy band and as one, they sing and dance and they do it well too. Also, just to clarify, NLT is a better dance group. Not to diss my BB boys, but their not even on the same level. For the longest, my boo TOP couldn't drop to a beat for his life. He's getting better though. However, all of the NLT boys dance and they dance well. If NLT copied off of anyone its B2K, NSYNC, BSB.

(Wow. This is long). Not trying to bash anyone here, but I just want credit to go where credit is due. NLT has been in the making for about 5 years w/ help from bands like B2K, aritsts like Marques Houston and Timbaland. They haven't even debuted yet and they're making fans across the US. Will they reach the international pop icon status as BSB and NSYNC? Maybe. I don't know. I certainly hope so b/c these boys are TALENTED. And once again, NO! NO! NO! (count the no's please) they were not influenced by Big Bang. They probably don't even know Big Bang exists mostly b/c BB's foreign fans are 8/10 female. For the people that realize this, I apologize for my long rant. I know some people understand that NLT is NOTHING like BB and more like their predecessors NSYNC. It just annoys me to think people believe articles like this. It's atrocious. And lastly, no, their clothes do not look Asian. Nor do their dance moves. They look American. Everything about them is American pop reminiscent of NSYNC and BSB. Don't believe me? Go watch old BSB and NSYNC videos and come prove me wrong. And for the last time people, stop deluding yourselves into thinking Korean bands can dance. With an exception for BB, bands like DBSK and SuJu can't dance. Individually, yes they can pop'n'lock, but I haven't seen such clean-cut and smooth choreography since Michael Jackson (you know the king of pop). I understand ya'll want to rep Asia and stuff, and that's fine w/ me. It's cool to rep your favorite band, but its not cool to bash another band especially if the evidence you're using as as fake as Pamela Anderson's boobs. But please don't delude yourselves into thinking America is copying Korea. Some of us don't even know ya'll have a music industry so let it go.

Thank you or reading this outrageously long rant. You know it's all true, so please don't start attacking me until you've got a decent rebuttal. Thanks to people like DreamAngel and Medirin for seeing the truth in this!

ADRemy
BANNED!
BANNED!

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by tealfirestar07 Thu May 15, 2008 1:35 pm

^ i didn't even care enough to read your post.

answer me this:

did you join this forum just to 'get your point across' ? that's just sad. needing to tell the world your thoughts as everyone would care.
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamAngel Thu May 15, 2008 1:43 pm

^People should care, and u should get mad at people making ridicuolous accusations .
I agree with AD, maybe u should read that post and be aware that NLT is indeed "NOT" copying Big Bang.
I can't even begin to realize who would make such a foolish assumption, it makes no sense whatsover.

Last edited by DreamAngel on Thu May 15, 2008 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

DreamAngel

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by ShenYue! Thu May 15, 2008 1:43 pm

^ i can't make myself read it either!!!!
and i am not really happy with you two here feeling the need to pat each other in the back and make a riot here! calm down and leave please!
you wrote whatever is written on your comments ...
and people if they feel like reading it will read it! Cut down on the attitude!

Last edited by ShenYue! on Thu May 15, 2008 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
ShenYue!
ShenYue!
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1626
Warning :

https://shenyuepop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADRemy Thu May 15, 2008 1:45 pm

tealfirestar07 wrote:^ i didn't even care enough to read your post.

answer me this:

did you join this forum just to 'get your point across' ? that's just sad. needing to tell the world your thoughts as everyone would care.

Of course you didn't read. You're probably one of the ones that believe this nonsense. Afraid of the truth? And for your information, yes I did join to get my point across. I usually just read articles on this site just to get news, but when I read this one, I had to say something. Please be gone; you're one of the drones who believes nonsense like this. The world needs less of you.

ADRemy
BANNED!
BANNED!

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by tealfirestar07 Thu May 15, 2008 1:51 pm

ADRemy wrote:
Of course you didn't read. You're probably one of the ones that believe this nonsense. Afraid of the truth? And for your information, yes I did join to get my point across. I usually just read articles on this site just to get news, but when I read this one, I had to say something. Please be gone; you're one of the drones who believes nonsense like this. The world needs less of you.

LOL. who said i believed that NLT is copying Big Bang? sweetie, as a former BSB and NSync fan, i know that NLT's not copying Big Bang. my point was what's the point of you writing a long ass rant? people are gonna believe whatever they want.
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by ShenYue! Thu May 15, 2008 1:56 pm

i don't like the attacking attitude you guys chose ...
the writer of the post is an American so as for Teal and I!
if you haven't noticed .. this forum is open to everyone adding news and articles!
readers such as us .. and you yourself has a right to agree and not!
there is absolutely no reason for getting angry and mad at a certain article or another .. trying to hurt and offend anyone! please be calm and be respectful to the writer of the posts and the members of the forum!
ShenYue!
ShenYue!
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1626
Warning :

https://shenyuepop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by firegoddess716 Thu May 15, 2008 5:58 pm

HA!
this is so funny!
i actually did read that really long post.
i like reading.
yeah, i guess its true.
you have a point there.
but i agree with teal.
and shenyue.
firegoddess716
firegoddess716
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 479
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by lilswtangal Sat May 17, 2008 12:40 am

OMG! just like american version.. but uglier...

lilswtangal

Number of posts : 5
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbowseason Wed May 21, 2008 8:15 pm

bigbang will survive there's always people that dont like like american/english stuff like me rofl

rainbowseason

Number of posts : 1
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by marishane Fri May 30, 2008 5:09 am

Gosh! An American boy group?
This seems like a dream since...ever.
It's been a long while since I heard of an American boy group.
(I'm not really comfortable calling a boy group: boy band)
marishane
marishane

Number of posts : 8
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by manderfa Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:03 am

wtf??
yah no one is saying they're better...
this is stupid...
no US band is going to want to mock some band from another country!
nlt is so original...
and they prolly dont even know who the hell any of those foriegn boy bands are!

manderfa

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? - Page 2 Empty u pplzzz no nothing

Post by NLTLOVER Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:42 pm

NLT stands for NOT LIKE THEM......u may c a resemblance to other bands but they probably dont even know the bands your comparing them to.....i live in the US and i have met nlt and menudo at bandemonium they are great people and even better artists.....beautiful inside and out!

NLTLOVER

Back to top Go down

Post by tealfirestar07 Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:43 pm

you guys need to chill, seriously.
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next