ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

+25
DreamAngel
dtp25
Asian_Innocence
seonn1220
rayna
XinDh1e
strawberrybj
Tangera
hZKitty
anne406
medirin
chereng
crypticbluerose
sbambit
dbsklovee
MexiMami0892
xjjjLOVE
ShenYue!
toocutedoggy
tealfirestar07
Cutie
Michelle
xmizzzy
firegoddess716
soyboy01
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? Empty Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

Post by soyboy01 Mon May 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? Nlt10

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? Big_ba12

Check out this fairly new (debut in 2007) Pop/R&B boy group, NLT, who are showing off their moves in their new MV "Karma" released May 8, 2008. They're definitely not the typical grungy boy bands. They remind me a bit of Se7en and Big Bang in terms of their dance/singing style. What do you think? Is the U.S. music industry following the steps of Kpop in making their own idol group? I wonder if they would dare make a 13-membered American idol group. Could they rival SUJU?

You should definitely check out their MV's for "That Girl" and "She said, He said" - you'll think their ripping off kpop artists! My mouth just dropped to the floor.

Music video by NLT performing Karma with Chris Stokes [Video Director], Juanita Stokes [Video Producer]
(C) 2008 TUG/Geffen Records
NLT-Karma MV

NLT - Better Than Me? (Bandemonium-San Francisco May 3, 2008)

NLT-That Girl, Heartburn, and Do it like I love it. (This performance totally looks and feels like Big Bang)

More about NLT (however, you guys might know them better than me):
NLT (Not Like Them) is an American Pop/R&B boy group from Texas and Los Angeles. The group is in the same vein as popular R&B boy bands from the 1990s, such as 98 Degrees, Boyz II Men, Take That, and All 4 One.

The group was formed when Chris Stokes told a 14-year-old V that if he put a group together he'd take a listen. He then found JJ, who had danced with him in an instructional dance video. The two found Kevin, a Plano native through an agent. Through Kevin's agency, they then found Travis Michael Garland and NLT was formed. They came to prominence in 2007 under the direction of Jimmy Iovine & Ron Fair at Geffen Records.

On March 13, 2007, they released their debut single called "That Girl" produced by The Underdogs. Their hit single "She Said, I Said (Time We Let Go)" was produced by Timbaland and released on August 21, 2007. Their new album was supposed to come out in February 2008, however the release date was pushed back due to majority of the tracks being leaked and is now set for release in June. Their new single is entitled "Karma" was released as a digital download on iTunes on April 15, 2008. The song was produced by OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder and co-written by Evan "Kidd" Bogart and Marques Houston. "Karma" video debut May 7, 2008 on AOL videos.

They are currently scheduled to go on the Bandemonium Tour from May 1, 2008 to May 26, 2008.[1]

Source: Wikipedia, Youtube
Credit:soyboy

Last edited by soyboy01 on Mon May 12, 2008 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? Empty Re: Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

Post by firegoddess716 Mon May 12, 2008 4:18 pm

what is this!
they are like american big bang!
none are hot except the guy on the far left
i gotta admit tho
the song karma is pretty good.
i like it.
haha imagine american fangirls!

Last edited by firegoddess716 on Thu May 15, 2008 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
firegoddess716
firegoddess716
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 479
Warning :
Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? Empty Re: Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever?

Post by xmizzzy Mon May 12, 2008 4:44 pm

thats NLT?! gosh, i listended to their music for the longest time now and i didnt even know how they looked like xD IF america does catch boyband fever again, you can count on SM & YG debuting their boybands here too Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 95764
i highly doubt boybands will ever be popular again here though xD
xmizzzy
xmizzzy
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 160
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Mon May 12, 2008 4:48 pm

holy crap! the era of boy boys in america are coming back!
the boys are average looking...about 2 out of the 4 guys are pretty cute Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 592595
if these boys can make it...i'm sure big bang and se7en can make it!
they are like the white version of big bang and someone on one of the videos on youtube said they're the white version of b2k! haha!
and did i just see some moves from big bang and se7en?! woah!!
maybe they're all ripping moves from each other or they've got the same choreographers!
i hope i don't get caught up and become their fan girl....haha!

and i think this article should go up on the blog!
Michelle
Michelle
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 232
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-15

http://shenyuepop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Mon May 12, 2008 4:54 pm

xmizzzy wrote:IF america does catch boyband fever again, you can count on SM & YG debuting their boybands here too Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 95764

hahaha, yeah... since Korea has so many boybands, by the time theres 10 boybands in America, there will already be 02359082340 Korean boybands trying to make their way~ @.@

Although I cant remember America doing boybands.... Backstreet boy days seem long gone~
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by tealfirestar07 Mon May 12, 2008 5:02 pm

oh gosh. nostalgia.

CAUSE....I....WANT....IT.................THAT WAY!

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 942890 COME BACK, BSB!!!!!!!!

...... Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 114268

//EDIT;;

HOLY SHIT. WHEN DID BIG BANG GET AMERICANIZED?!

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 499177

Last edited by tealfirestar07 on Mon May 12, 2008 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1851
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Mon May 12, 2008 5:31 pm

not bad~ .... but it'll stick w/ Korean / Japanese Boy Band ^^
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShenYue! Mon May 12, 2008 6:12 pm

Yep this article defiantly is not the forum material!
But now it's too late to take it to the blog .. cuz it's been already here for hours!
if we take it there .. people will start bashing us in the blog that we repost the exact same stuff on the forum to the blog!
ShenYue!
ShenYue!
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1626
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-15

https://shenyuepop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xjjjLOVE Mon May 12, 2008 6:31 pm

LMAO I would definitely say the US is catching Boy Band fever but KOREAN BOY BANDS XD
I've never ever even heard of these boys in my life
I definitely this the US is more into Korean celebrities now =D
it's exciting so many people know about like DBSK now XD but then again everyone knows about DBSK lol ^^
xjjjLOVE
xjjjLOVE
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 427
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Mon May 12, 2008 7:22 pm

OMG these boys actually have a fansite...but I have to admit that they're songs are pretty catchy and their moves are good.
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by MexiMami0892 Mon May 12, 2008 7:26 pm

i actualy really like the "she said, he said" song and i like the way they dance, and i admit 2 our of 4 of em are pretty cute
isnt the youngest one like 16 though?
idk i mgiht be wrong
MexiMami0892
MexiMami0892
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 214
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Mon May 12, 2008 8:01 pm

You know what they're missing...rappers
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by firegoddess716 Mon May 12, 2008 8:05 pm

^ lol!
that right!
thats exactly what they need!
firegoddess716
firegoddess716
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 479
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by dbsklovee Mon May 12, 2008 8:14 pm

ummmmmmmmmmm big bang is way betterrrrr

dbsklovee

Number of posts : 7
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by tealfirestar07 Mon May 12, 2008 8:33 pm

^ no one's saying who's better than who.. so, sshh. Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 140553
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by sbambit Mon May 12, 2008 8:33 pm

haha! i listen to jojo on the radio ALL THE TIME. jojo's top 9 at 9 on 102.7 kiisfm in los angeles.

the songis catchy. i still prefer big bang, and itd be nice if the 2 other members got to sing...or rap?

sbambit
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 69
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by crypticbluerose Mon May 12, 2008 8:49 pm

I would say more like a "relapse" I mean I had pretty much saw my last Aboyband back in '02 haha or even cared, haha

so like last night I was lookin' at Nickelodeon 'cuz im 20 and I can haha, on "Dance on Sunset" I saw this (new?) boyband Menudo ---Iwas like they're cute and they don't suck on stage haha

which reminds me to do research on them and this Day26 it seems '08 will be the big return....but for some reason I don't feel the same kind of love....

*edit*
yeah http://www.menudoworld.com/home ; http://www.myspace.com/menudo
apparently a throw-back of a seventies/ eighties teen group haha
the youngest is 15 >_<
crypticbluerose
crypticbluerose
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-28

http://www.myspace.com/animebluerose14

Back to top Go down

Post by tealfirestar07 Mon May 12, 2008 9:18 pm

^ dude, menudo's weeird

it went from

MENUDO = > MDO = > [back to] MENUDO

ricky martin was in the original menudo (:
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by chereng Mon May 12, 2008 11:19 pm

i don't really know them, but all i know is one of my fave choreographers choreographed for them for one of their songs. their more like a pop version of b2k or b5 to me
chereng
chereng
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 83
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by medirin Mon May 12, 2008 11:26 pm

tealfirestar07 wrote:oh gosh. nostalgia.

CAUSE....I....WANT....IT.................THAT WAY!

Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 942890 COME BACK, BSB!!!!!!!!

...... Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 114268
BSB is so back! they released an album last october. and i am not ashamed to say i still LOVE them lol.
---
but yea, idol boy band fever is never gonna reach the status it was back in the '80s, '90s and early 2000s in america. groups like NLT can try, but they wont ever be as popular as groups like BSB and NSYNC are/were internationally or like BB are in asia.

medirin
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 22
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Tue May 13, 2008 12:47 am

No Wonder....I thought I saw these dance moves somewhere....The choreography of NLT's Kharma has signature dance moves of Adam G. Sevani, who is an actor and dancer that debuted in "Step 2 the Streets'. Adam's brother, V Sevani is a member of NLT, pictured 2nd to the right.
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by anne406 Tue May 13, 2008 2:39 am

i think they're ok..they have nice sound..they'd sound better if they have at least one rapper i think..and they remind me of b2k so so much..and i thought all 4 of them have their own part in their songs but apparently,only 2 out of 4 are the lead..hhhmmm..just like the 98 degrees..anyways,they can sing but they wont be as big as the 90's groups since rock music plays quite a big role in the in the industry right now..
anne406
anne406
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 255
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hZKitty Tue May 13, 2008 4:42 am

they remind me of BSB omg i so did love that blond one lol!
but this right here is pure comedy .... i think they will appeal to the 12-16 crowds ...other than that they look kinda stupid to me and the song isn't that good either ...
somehow it seems more natural when korean bands do the whole dancing group routine thing, maybe it's because they are more like high school kids that americans.
hZKitty
hZKitty
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 351
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://hellozkitty.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangera Tue May 13, 2008 7:28 am

Actually I think NLT (as seen from the videos...) is pretty good! Are they very famous? [I don't live in the US so I don't know~] They might have been influenced/inspired by Big Bang...Must be the result of globalization!
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Tue May 13, 2008 8:35 am

i dunno why everyone is comparing them to big bang...they have their own style...more like N'sync...i missed Nsync! they're the best Is the U.S. catching idol boy band fever? 656388
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next