ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA?

+3
Tangera
sinbeee*
tealfirestar07
7 posters

Go down

Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA? Empty Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA?

Post by tealfirestar07 Thu May 08, 2008 12:55 am

Members from idol groups have been pretty actively recently, striking out in the acting industry. But there’s something that’s inadvertently holding them back. As a member of an idol group, their image has already been acknowledged and recognized by the public, and thus you feel that they somehow can’t shake off their idol tag and show their acting ability to the fullest of their capability.

Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA? Oguri_12

Kim Ki Bum had expressed during the filming scene of his new daily drama,
“Happy Events at Chunja’s”, “I hope that everyone won’t look at me as Kim Ki Bum from Super Junior but rather as actor Kim Ki Bum.”

Im YoonA of Girls Generation expressed the same thoughts at the press conference of her daily drama “You’re My Destiny”, “Whether it’s acting or singing, I will do both of them well.” Her words echoing what Kim Ki Bum said.

This has been a problem that members from idol groups find themselves afflicted with. The media often does not regard idols as actors/actresses but as members of idol groups taking acting as a challenge. Thus even if you do gain immense popularity as an idol group member, it inadvertently holds you back.

credit: coolsmurf
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1851
Warning :
Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA? Empty Re: Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA?

Post by sinbeee* Thu May 08, 2008 1:16 am

wow that's so sad...not!
they should stop worrying about all of the nonsense and just be thankful they made it into the entertainment biz

sinbeee*
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 103
Warning :
Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA? Empty Re: Idol status boom or bane for Kim Ki Bum and Im YoonA?

Post by Tangera Thu May 08, 2008 7:10 am

Of course I hope I can view them as actors and actresses instead of as members of idol groups, but there must be a reason why they started off as "singers" (supposedly) instead of actors/actresses...I don't think I will pay much attention to new actors/actresses unless they pull off their roles really well, and they should actually be grateful for being a member of an idol group because it attracts more attention.
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by faith Thu May 08, 2008 7:37 am

I think Kibum's pretty good in terms of acting but i've never watched any show in which he acted besides the attack of the flower boys. But he started acting first is it? I'm not sure, but i don't feel like i associate them with their singing self. It's just too different.
Yoona is the only one in SNSD who hasn't gone for plastic surgery is it? And the one who appears in tons of dbsk and suju MVs?
faith
faith
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 507
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by slackerkain Thu May 08, 2008 8:36 am

I think they'll be fine actor/actress. Eugene from SES also started out as a singer, but now, she's a brilliant actress. YEH from Baby VOX is also a good example. They shouldn't worry too much. :)
slackerkain
slackerkain
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 179
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by stary06 Thu May 08, 2008 8:53 pm

i wish the best for them!!!
I really want to watch Ki bum's new drama..
i was wondering why he's been so out of the
public eye for a while now..

stary06
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 166
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Thu May 08, 2008 9:47 pm

man, i am starting to like "you are my Destiny " ... ^^
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down