ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys?

+8
aznsaranghae
Tangera
BananaHugs
strawberrybj
toocutedoggy
slackerkain
dragonninja598000
soyboy01
12 posters

Go down

New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Empty New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys?

Post by soyboy01 Thu May 01, 2008 12:28 am

New Phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan boys?

New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Fan_bo10

An entire section in the audience of a music program is full of boisterous fans. Next up is SNSD. Shouting as if their lungs will burst any second, the new band of fan boys scream, “I love you ~.”

In the past, seats were filled with school girls but recently there has been a strange phenomenon where boys are appearing. The pretext to this phenomenon is the recent, simultaneous comebacks of female singers, such as Jewelry, Gummy, Hwayobi, Jang Nara, Maya. Following them will be the comebacks of Ok Ju Hyun, Lee Hyori, and Ivy – a massive stranglehold of popularity not unlike male idol groups. And of course, we can’t forget Wondergirls and Girl’s Generation (SNSD).

The PD of Mnet M! Countdown has also noticed this phenomenon, “There has definitely been a drastic increase of fan boys in the audience than before.” In the past, the studio would just be full of fan club members or visiting school girls. Instead of Super Junior’s fan girls picketing for their idols, boys are now on the side lines waving signs.

New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Fan_bo11

Some fan boys of SNSD held ups signs, such as “Lively Yuri,” “My wife, Tae Yeon,” and “Ace Yoon Ah,” waving their posters and cheering them on. Not only do they cheer for girl groups, but they also cheer for boy groups, such as SS501. Pushing over crazy fan girls, boys are showing their enthusiasm with no inkling of shyness. This explains the sudden popularity of girl groups, such as Wondergirls and SNSD. Will we be seeing fan clubs just for boys? Will these fan boys be just as crazy as their opposite-sex counterparts…the Casseiopas and the Elves? Who knows? But these boys definitely ate something wrong.

Source: OSEN
Credit:soyboy01

Last edited by soyboy01 on Thu May 01, 2008 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Empty Re: New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys?

Post by dragonninja598000 Thu May 01, 2008 2:15 am

PSH. wow. geez. making it sound like we can't be fans either. that's messed up. what guys can't be enthusiastic about their favorite artist? i feel that the last comment was a little messed up towards guys. i'm just pointing this out, but yeah that last comment doesn't need to be there in the article.

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Empty Re: New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys?

Post by slackerkain Thu May 01, 2008 4:56 am

If these boys fans are as fanatic as the female counterparts, I have a feeling that Cassiopeians and Elves are no match for them... In terms of craziness, enthusiasm and definitely, the determination power to chase their idols all over... haha... Laughing
slackerkain
slackerkain
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 179
Warning :
New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New phenom in Kpop: The Era of Fan Boys? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Thu May 01, 2008 4:59 am

SOrry to dragonninja if I offended you...I meant it more in terms of boys liking SOSHI, which is quite natural...is it not? haha

slackerkain: Totally agree, fan craze is gender neutral.
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Thu May 01, 2008 6:40 am

lol, why can't gus cheers for guys? nothing wrong there ~

but i agree seeing more and more guy fan.... lol ...
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Thu May 01, 2008 8:07 am

i witnessed once...a fan boy shouting for jaejoong during the 'O' concert...he even make the effort to push me aside...geesh... xD
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BananaHugs Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 am

^ROFL. That's hilarious. XD *hugs you for almost getting run over, because we all know, fans are ... crazy*

Hey, I'm all for fanboys; God knows we need SOMETHING to balance out the excessive estrogen. XD So long as their voices aren't high-pitched and they refrain from crying ALL. THE. TIME., I shall go, "Fanboys, hwaiting!".

Plus, having boys this crazy makes me feel better as a person.
BananaHugs
BananaHugs
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 111
Warning :

http://playmeagain.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangera Thu May 01, 2008 9:57 am

yes I am okay with fanboys too! Everyone can support their idols (as long as they are worthy of your support, which is not the case for all idol groups.)...who says only girls can do so?

thanks for pointing out this new phenomenon! :)
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by aznsaranghae Thu May 01, 2008 9:58 am

Hahaha, yeah that's amazing. Fanboys should come out more and rise up and balance out the fangirls. I think that's pretty cool. Haha, thanx for sharing. (^__^)
aznsaranghae
aznsaranghae
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 701
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/miss_vicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Thu May 01, 2008 11:48 am

I actually dont mind fanboys.. better than seeing only fangirls! And its nice when artists can have fans of both genders (not just boygroups= fangirls, girlgroups=boys only) ^^
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by hZKitty Thu May 01, 2008 12:46 pm

GOOO FANBOYS!!!
next thing :
FANCOUPLES !!!
since now there will be an equal share of fan girls and fan boys ..

oooooooooooooooooo
great ideeea
in the Fashion section there were some Korean couple fashion T-shirts!!!
maybe the new couples can weare those when they stalk and cheer for their idols .

now , whose with me ? lol!
hZKitty
hZKitty
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 351
Warning :

http://hellozkitty.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by formulaw Thu May 01, 2008 3:11 pm

strawberrybj wrote:i witnessed once...a fan boy shouting for jaejoong during the 'O' concert...he even make the effort to push me aside...geesh... xD

how cute
formulaw
formulaw
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 30
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Mon May 05, 2008 8:40 pm

fan boys are cute as long as they are not crazy like the female ones. is the phenom because of SNSD and Wonder Girls' popularity these days? the pics are full of SNSD's fan boys?
sparkler
sparkler
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 145
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Mon May 05, 2008 10:49 pm

sparkler wrote:fan boys are cute as long as they are not crazy like the female ones. is the phenom because of SNSD and Wonder Girls' popularity these days? the pics are full of SNSD's fan boys?

^ yeah, i guess ( the pink heart ballons + all these SNSD's name) ..lol
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down