ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest

4 posters

Go down

Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest Empty Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest

Post by Tangera Fri May 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest 080522_ent_1

Voiture, Korea's very own mixed a cappella group, was honored with the grand prize at the 2008 IOC Sport & Singing Contest organized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

After the final deliberation at the IOC headquarters in Switzerland on May 16, Voiture was chosen the winner of this year's contest for its outstanding performance of Jigeum Uriga. The prize money was 15,000 dollars. The song also took the number one spot at the Korean preliminaries organized by the Korean Olympic Committee on March 29 and went on to compete with songs from 27 countries around the world in the finals. The song is about athletes who, through hard work, achieve their lifelong dreams. The song will officially be introduced at the IOC General Assemby slated for August. Colombia came second after Korea, while a team from Africa took the third spot.

The IOC Sport & Singing Contest has been organized to honor the spirit of the ancient olympic games, which also featured art and music contests.

Source: KBS Global

===========================================
I haven't heard of them before, but I suppose they must be really good! Congratulations~
[voiture = car] in french! haha. X)
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :
Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest Empty Re: Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest

Post by toocutedoggy Fri May 23, 2008 10:30 pm

I haven't heard of them before, but I suppose they must be really good! Congratulations~
[voiture = car] in french! haha. X)

^ me 2 i was l was like who are they? ..xD ...but then they got # 1 worldwide = must be impressive ^^

lmao...i know - Voiture = car ...lol, yes, my Canadian French haven't rotted away... yet~
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :
Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest Empty Re: Korean A Cappella Group Wins 2008 IOC Singing Contest

Post by aznsaranghae Sat May 24, 2008 1:22 am

Wow, that's amazing, even though I have no idea who they are, but they must be good. Thanx for sharing.
aznsaranghae
aznsaranghae
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 701
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/miss_vicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Sat May 24, 2008 1:39 am

I know...this is like the first time I've heard of them and yet when I tried to look them up i cant find much about them >.<

I really wish I could here the song~
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down