ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out

+11
chereng
dragonninja598000
Otjien
mei
lilswtangal
ShenYue!
Cutie
toocutedoggy
tealfirestar07
strawberrybj
soyboy01
15 posters

Go down

Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Empty Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out

Post by soyboy01 Wed May 21, 2008 10:26 am

Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Battle10

The three music powerhouses of Korea - YG, SM, and JYP - are battling it out this summer, dropping their new albums and artists all on the same day. The D-day is set to May 22. Who do you think will claim victory? Will it be the Wonder Girls with their new 'sexy-cute' concept, Tae Yang's 'black soul' R&B vocals, or the fresh and young hip-hop boys of SHINee? Check out the preview clips below.

YG will be releasing Tae Yang's new solo album and later in the summer, Big Bang's mini-album. Check out his title song "Look Only At Me".
Tae Yang - Look Only At Me

Source: euraznjae

JYP's Wonder Girls revealed their new 'sexy leopard' concept in their teaser posters, showing the transformation of each member from their 'retro-cute' days. Check out their new song "So Hot", which actually fits perfectly with the posters because it's about Wonder Girls being so hot that they are followed around and constantly captivate the male gaze.

Wonder Girls - So Hot [New from 2nd album]
(This video will not work because it is set on Private. I am being bombarded by WG fans to pull this down so I have graciously acqueisced until its original release date, May 22 (Korea time). That's in a few hours, so be patient.)

SM pulled out a new card, introducing a fresh, new hip-hop group called SHINee, who have so far attracted the attention of many "Noonas" despite their young age. Their title song "Noona is pretty" can be heard in their new preview. (For those non-Koreans - "Noona" refers to an older sister or girl, specifically used by a guy. "Unni" is the respective feminine term used only by girls.)

Shinee (샤이니) - new SM boyband [Preview]

Source: soyboy01

Source: Newsen, Youtube
Credit: soyboy

Last edited by soyboy01 on Wed May 21, 2008 8:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Empty Re: Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out

Post by strawberrybj Wed May 21, 2008 10:51 am

yes! exciting competition..something for me to anticipate..nice..
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :
Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Empty Re: Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out

Post by soyboy01 Wed May 21, 2008 11:20 am

I edited the article - posted Tae Yang's title song "Look Only At Me". Thank you euraznjae!
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by tealfirestar07 Wed May 21, 2008 12:37 pm

So...Hot <3
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1851
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Wed May 21, 2008 1:51 pm

hmm.... Wonder girls and TaeYang is not new = obviously they are gonna have more fans

but Shinee is a SM group from SM! = maybe it's gonna be a sucess too?
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Wed May 21, 2008 3:35 pm

so fun fun fun~~~~

But just noticed that all three company's have acronyms for their company names, heh heh...
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by ShenYue! Wed May 21, 2008 6:39 pm

the WG will have a hard time to win anything with that song!
i tell you right now .. the paste of the song is so slow for any excitement!
unless they manage to nail it with the dance and performance which for some reason i doubt it's gonna be happening~!!!!

Funny how JYP said the song is way better than "tell me"
he tried to find some word to get into our brain eh? "so so hot"
the truth is .. the song may have worked if JYP hasn't made SOHEE the center of WG in "tell me" era ... that girl ain't no where next to the "h" of the "HOT"
ShenYue!
ShenYue!
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1626
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-15

https://shenyuepop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Wed May 21, 2008 7:50 pm

^But the So Hot was just a song on the album right? Heard Bong Bong (sheesh, where did the name come from!?) the title song

EDIT: Shen, youre right. If this song is the title, than I really do question how popular it will be~

But... even Jewelry's One more time and seriously weird ET dance became popular Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out 364153

Last edited by Cutie on Wed May 21, 2008 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Wed May 21, 2008 8:55 pm

I must rectify this situation which has become chaotic...I'm sorry but the title song to Wondergirls' 2nd album is "So Hot". There was this one article I translated that said "Bong Bong" and I have no idea what the writer was thinking. I am having a headache with WG fans. I don't know what the problem is but I don't want it to become my problem.
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by lilswtangal Wed May 21, 2008 10:08 pm

wow... i like wonder girls.. but shinee sounds good :) and they're kinda cutee...

lilswtangal

Number of posts : 5
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mei Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 pm

I hope that Shinee doesn't have a fanclub as crazy as SUJU's. No doubt that they'll call themselves "Noonas". I really can't decide now. But my gut is telling me that it's between Wonder Girls and Shinee. Fans are already gathering up storm before Shinee's debut...and to add to that, Papa Lee SooMan is too busy ignoring BoA's possible return to the Korean music industry and sewing up the burst stitches in his fat wallet.

Papa SM: "Hey, now that we've sent off 5 of our boys to China, why don't we bring in 5 more to cover up the hole in our bank account."

mei
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 21
Warning :

http://www.asian-central.com/jiamei

Back to top Go down

Post by Otjien Thu May 22, 2008 12:32 am

I'll go for SM... so biased...

Otjien
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 227
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonninja598000 Thu May 22, 2008 12:52 am

Tae Yang and Wonder Girls Hands DOWN.

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Hot Hot Summer! YG-SM-JYP battle it out Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

Post by chereng Thu May 22, 2008 12:57 am

im actually looking forward for shinee because from only listening to the preview....i like the song.

i also like tae yangs song "look at me" song.

the wonder girls song didn't do it for me. it was just okay. its not a song i would put on "repeat" on my player.
chereng
chereng
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 83
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by faith Thu May 22, 2008 5:18 am

Wow! This will be exciting! I think shinee's song is not bad, but the following the girl around bit is alot like Big Bang, except that she actually interacts with them. I'm not exactly their nuna cause i'm probably older than only half of them.

I shall wait and see since I actually like Taeyang and i think WG's okay..
faith
faith
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 507
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Thu May 22, 2008 7:08 am

dragonninja598000 wrote:Tae Yang and Wonder Girls Hands DOWN.

yeah...you're the man dragonninja!
taeyang and WG!...

anyway, it depends on what kind of music u like..if u're blinded by SM (i used to be one of them) and like SM kind of music..u surely will fall for shinee.. ^^ ...good luck to all of them...i'm happy since this month is a busy month for korean music.. ^^
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Taejus Thu May 22, 2008 7:25 am

Now that "Replay" is released, it is quite different from the preview. I actually liked the preview one better.

Spoiler:
Taejus
Taejus
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 24
Location : Chocolate is good. Jun Matsumoto is better. Mmm.... *lick*
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mei Thu May 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Taejus wrote:Now that "Replay" is released, it is quite different from the preview. I actually liked the preview one better.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

mei
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 21
Warning :

http://www.asian-central.com/jiamei

Back to top Go down

Post by aznsaranghae Thu May 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Wow, what I battle. I wonder who will win out of this. Anyways, I still wish all three great success. Anyways, thanx for sharing. (^___^)
aznsaranghae
aznsaranghae
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 701
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/miss_vicky

Back to top Go down

Post by medirin Thu May 22, 2008 2:09 pm

i am super impressed with Tae Yang's songs!!! love him so much!

the WG song is catchy at first but then gets a little annoying as it goes on...

Shinee is not doing it for me. I don't like their image or their song. Seems like SM is forcing a kind of hip-hop group when he should just stick to pop groups.

medirin
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 22
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down