ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar

+10
Hannie*Saru
dragonninja598000
soyboy01
louise
toocutedoggy
ching
aznsaranghae
koreanlove21
firegoddess716
tealfirestar07
14 posters

Go down

Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Empty Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar

Post by tealfirestar07 Sun May 04, 2008 11:49 am

Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Speedr10

Korean megastar Rain plays Taejo Togokhan in Speed Racer and because it’s a Japanese name, he is mistaken to be a Japanese instead of Korean.

Rain was in England recently to promote his debut Hollywood movie and this was what was wrote about his role in the movie:

'Japanese pop megastar Rain appears as Taejo, a competing racer. The film will, undoubtedly, do well in Japan as a result.'

Koreans who learnt of this was furious and said that the person writing the review was not knowledgable enough and hurt their pride.

Although Rain is exceptionally popular in Asia, he’s just only getting starting in Europe and America. The movie review by British website, “Den of Geek” has led to cries by Koreans saying, “Rain is Korean!”.

credit: coolsmurf
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1851
Warning :
Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Empty Re: Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar

Post by firegoddess716 Sun May 04, 2008 12:34 pm

well i would get pissed 2.
y should people think rain is japanese?
why not korean?
firegoddess716
firegoddess716
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 479
Warning :
Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Empty Re: Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar

Post by koreanlove21 Sun May 04, 2008 12:43 pm

I would have been pissed as well. No offense, but I really think that the writer of that article should have double checked on the person they're writing about before actually publishing it.
koreanlove21
koreanlove21
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by aznsaranghae Sun May 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Wow, that's pretty messed up. I would be angry too if that happened to me. Yep the person who wrote should of made sure. Anyways, thanx for sharing.
aznsaranghae
aznsaranghae
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 701
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/miss_vicky

Back to top Go down

Post by ching Sun May 04, 2008 6:22 pm

this goes to show that the media outside of Asia doesn't care a lot about Bi...

Have you noticed that some movie reviews after the movie screening forgot to mention bi?
i thought Bi has a large part in the movie......poor Bi...after all the hype and this is what he gets...i pity him....

ching
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 11
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Sun May 04, 2008 7:54 pm

lmao~ ...some mistakes there~
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by louise Sun May 04, 2008 8:49 pm

lol!
louise
louise
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 466
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Sun May 04, 2008 10:33 pm

Haha, what a lousy reporter. I feel bad for Rain. I don't think this is the first time it has happened. In fact, in the beginning, people thought his name was Taejo (his character in the movie).
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonninja598000 Sun May 04, 2008 10:58 pm

that sucks butt a lot. the reporter is very unintelligent and should be fired.

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Koreans upset at Rain being named as Japanese pop megastar Right_bar_bleue

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannie*Saru Mon May 05, 2008 5:46 am

I hate when people stick asians in films and just let everyone assume they're all Chinese, Korean or Japanese. If they wanted someone Japanese, they should've picked a Japanese actor instead.

And as a reporter, he should've at least done some research before writing an article.
Hannie*Saru
Hannie*Saru
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 195
Location : Ca.T.El Land .:.The land of Red mountains, Sapphire Blue waters and Emerald Green grass.:.
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://hannie-rabu.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangera Mon May 05, 2008 7:15 am

^ True. How disappointing. It's okay Rain's fans, you guys shouldn't get angry over an ignorant reporter...:) It's not worth your time....might as well go catch the movie in the theatres!
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by canelle Mon May 05, 2008 4:05 pm

don't think people should read too much into it. it's just british people being completly ignorant about anything outside europe... people here know absolutely nothing about korea, they have a bit more of a clue about japan....so if they see an asian guy and they know he's not chinese, he gotta be japanese >.<

but i guess it'd be upsetting for korean people
canelle
canelle
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 11
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by iinda Fri May 09, 2008 5:44 pm

damn rite....i would get pissed off too...
n i am soo 101% agree with Hannie*Saru...
i hate it how when ppl ask, "oh r u chinese"....."no im korean"...."watever, u guys look all the same"....
i hate that....
iinda
iinda
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by crypticbluerose Mon May 12, 2008 9:43 pm

I'd be made too, who writes this miss.
and random comment but Taejo Togokhan don't look like any Japanese name I've ever seen
crypticbluerose
crypticbluerose
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-28

http://www.myspace.com/animebluerose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down