ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHINee's Other Remake?

2 posters

Go down

SHINee's Other Remake? Empty Father SM’s SHINee Remakes Part II: “Hit Me”

Post by RiceRiceBaby Wed May 27, 2009 6:33 pm

First, SM decided to rehash some mediocre Corbin Bleu for SHINee's comeback single "Juliette". While some fans could understand choosing a safe, catchy single that catered to mainstream tastes for profit's sake, SHINee World is abuzz with the new revelation that yet another song from the new mini-album "Romeo" is a remake.

The SHINee track in question is "Hit Me", with the original song being "Bad Case" by Los Angeles duo Jackie Boyz (recorded in December 2008).

Credits to xYJHx

Credits to lioraginyo

Adding an additional DBSK/Sarah Connor plot twist, the rights to "Bad Case" were also sold concurrently to R&B singers Marques Houston and Omarion, each of whom released their own versions of the song titled "Case Of You" on May 21st.

Credits to Rrmpgkd

Credits to bhavik931

Since "Bad Case" was never really an official release, this particular originality violation does not reek as much as "Juliette" did. But this constant remaking really has to disappear if K-Pop wants to gain any credibility in the global music industry. Even if you repeat the word "nobody" 62 times or "gee" 52 times in a single song, at least it's all original. So while SM gets all the money through copycat creation, SHINee's impressive talents are almost wasted recording these remakes, as the five teenagers are blissfully unaware that Americans an ocean away are and have been recording the same melodies. SHINee gets the backlash, as Father SM rakes in the cash. Grr.

Sources and Full Credits: allkpop

Heh, this allkpop person is really upset about this.
Here's my take on this, SHINee didn't copy the Jackie Boyz, cuz SM did bought the rights to the song.
Plus, all 4 versions are EXCELLENT!
RiceRiceBaby
RiceRiceBaby
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 598
Warning :
SHINee's Other Remake? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100SHINee's Other Remake? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

SHINee's Other Remake? Empty Re: SHINee's Other Remake?

Post by bottledsuju Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:27 pm

I see what the person from AKP means.

-but-

SHINee's cover of Jackie Boyz' "Bad Case" (if you want to call it a cover) was great and should have actually been SHINee's lead single instead of "Juliette." At least "Hit Me"/"Bad Case"/"Case of You" has a refreshing sound compared to what we're hearing from most of the current girl bands who are taking over.

bottledsuju
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 103
Warning :
SHINee's Other Remake? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SHINee's Other Remake? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down