ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice to be a 'global star' in a year

+6
Sweet Pink
zzboobabiizz
KHMDScorpio320
toocutedoggy
acidburn83
sakuyahikari
10 posters

Go down

Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Empty Charice to be a 'global star' in a year

Post by sakuyahikari Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Charic10

Filipino singing sensation Charice added another milestone in her career after she performed at an Oscars after-party dubbed "A Night to Make a Difference: Oscar Night at Mr. Chow" on Hollywood.

Charice, who is now in the US to record her first international album, sang the Dreamgirls movie hit song, "Listen."

But before her performance, Charice was introduced by her handler, international musician-composer David Foster. He guaranteed that Charice would be a global superstar in just one year.

"She is one of the most amazing talents you will ever see, and you're gonna see history tonight, because one year from now, this girl will be one of the biggest stars on the planet, guaranteed 100%," Foster said.

After her song "Listen," the young diva received a standing ovation from the audience.

During the party, Foster also revealed that Charice started recording her album last February 21.

Charice even tried to sing one of the songs in her upcoming album, "Fingerprint." But due to technical difficulties, Charice wasn't able sing the full song since the CD skipped.

Charice also performed an all-time hit, "I Will Survive," for the fundraising event.

Proceeds of the Oscar's after-party will go to Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation, Olivia Newton-Johns Cancer and Wellness Centre Appeal.

source: ABS-CBN News

Yeah, I know this isn't K-Pop news at all, but I just had to post it. Why? 'Cause Charice Pempengco is just pure amazing. She has true singing talent and I loved her ever since she first appeared on Star King and sang "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" from Dreamgirls and "A Whole New World" with Kyu Hyun. I swear, I can not get over that. If anything, I would love to see her perform in Canada ^_^

Star King appearance (October 2007)

Pearl Presidential Inaugural Gala Perf. (January 2009)
sakuyahikari
sakuyahikari
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :
Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Empty Re: Charice to be a 'global star' in a year

Post by acidburn83 Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Yeah, she's amazing...this is one of the reasons why I'm proud to be asian. Charice Pempengco is definitely one of those people who makes us proud to be asian.

OMG Kyu Hyun...a whole new world...now eveytime I hear this song, gives me a sigh of relief, after what I've learned ('bout the accident). Lee teuk cried, that was very touching...

Someone up there loves kyu hyun so much...
acidburn83
acidburn83
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 63
Warning :
Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Empty Re: Charice to be a 'global star' in a year

Post by toocutedoggy Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:36 pm

...i knew it ..... i made a comment few years ago .....at something's blog glad that she didn't sign into SM ....b/c she's totally a hollywood type of person .....of coz, she'll be a huge sucess ...... ^^
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by KHMDScorpio320 Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:09 am

she is really amazing and really a professional
I hope she doesn't change and change only for the better
on youtube there is like a movie biography of her too.
I wish I had a voice to sing (it doesnt have to be as good as her, anything will do... LOL) , its so good to be able to sing about things you feel in your life.
KHMDScorpio320
KHMDScorpio320
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 26
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-31

http://www.xanga.com/Scorpio318

Back to top Go down

Post by zzboobabiizz Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:51 pm

she's GOOODD.. i didnt believe it was her voice the first timee!
zzboobabiizz
zzboobabiizz
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 32
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pink Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:54 am

She does sound s0o0o amazing! I liked the duet with Kyuhyun. 0o0o thts k0o0ol she's working on her first album with no other than David Foster
Sweet Pink
Sweet Pink
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 713
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RiceRiceBaby Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:29 pm

I remember watching her duet with Kyuhyun. Very POWERFUL!
RiceRiceBaby
RiceRiceBaby
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 598
Warning :
Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Charice to be a 'global star' in a year Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lovethirteen Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:01 pm

I LOVE CHARICE.
She is seriously my NUMBER ONE hero. <3
She's freaking AMAZINNGGGGGGG.
lovethirteen
lovethirteen
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 123
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://www.myspace.com/slytherin_princess777

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:21 pm

toocutedoggy wrote:...i knew it ..... i made a comment few years ago .....at something's blog glad that she didn't sign into SM ....b/c she's totally a hollywood type of person .....of coz, she'll be a huge sucess ...... ^^

yah, agreed. SM is too pop also, doesnt fit her >.<

But yay for her success~
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by fhayewithmodesty Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:36 pm

WOAHHH.... CHARICE makes the Filipino People so proud of her... Thanks Sakuyahikari for posting such news about Charice, it moved me... Just so happy that I have seen this news being posted in a "K-pop" website.... I didn't know that she got an offer from SM ent.... She really is so GIFTED that at a very young she already paved the way to hollywood....

Very Happy
fhayewithmodesty
fhayewithmodesty
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 100
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down