ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27

+30
anne406
cjlatina
christinelovesyunho
steph
yunnie
chinnoiserie.dee
OTHluver
faith
strawberrybj
Sweet Pink
Cutie
soyboy01
Yumii
xjjjLOVE
ShenYue!
katyanaerasmo
toocutedoggy
aznsaranghae
chipmunk2
Metwitchy
koreanlove21
cherryxeero
tumi18
sixteen
rabu_xiah
Hannie*Saru
p00p
hZKitty
Orchidyaldix
kathyro
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Empty Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27

Post by kathyro Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:33 pm

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 H10

ON August 21, 2008
the coffee prince character that like eun hye's younger sister on the show
has died due to a motorcycle accident

Lee Eon has died

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 20080815

[Edit by soyboy - this article is also on the blog]

Up and coming actor Lee Eon passed away in a motorcycle accident early this morning on August 21. He was coming back from a wrap-up party for his recent drama Strongest Chilwoo when he crashed into a guard rail. He was not breathing when the police found him at the scene and was rushed to the hospital. However, the doctors were not able to resuscitate him. According to police reports, the accident occurred when Lee Eon was attempting to change lanes and the road changed from 2 lanes to 1.

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Accide10

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Chilwo10

Lee Eon debuted as a model in 2006 and also featured in Rain’s “It’s Raining” music video. However, Eon shot to fame in 2007 when he played the macho, idiosycratic, lovable character Min Yub in the MBC drama “Coffee Prince.” He then took a role in the drama “Who Are You?” and had just finished filming “Strongest Chilwoo” two days ago.

Lee Eon had moved from Busan to Seoul to start his modeling career. He lived alone and was not able to see his parents often. He is the only child and the news of his death has caused a great shock to his parents in Busan, who immediately left for Seoul when they heard the news.

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Yoon10
(Pictured above: Yoon Eun Hye (left); Yoo Ah In (right))

When the “Strongest Chilwoo” team, including Goo Hye Sun and Eric, heard of this tragedy, they also rushed to the hospital. Lee Eon had been celebrating the end of the drama with his co-stars just a few hours ago. Coffee Prince co-star Yoon Eun Hye also came to the hospital.

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Kim_ja10

Coffee Prince co-star Kim Jae Wook hides his grief with his long hair. He was the first to arrive at Lee Eon's mortuary

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Eon10

Rest in peace, Lee Eon. May his friends and family be comforted. He was truly one of Korea’s most promising actors. I absolutely loved him in Coffee Prince - he was so adorable! He possessed a unique charm and charisma on screen that I will miss dearly.

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Death10

2008 has been a hard year with the death of many celebrities, including Monday Kiz’s Kim Min Soo (23) and and Lee Sung Hoon (Turtle Man) from the group Turtle. Kim Min Soo also died in a motorcycle accident. Singer LeeRa, an aspiring young rookie, also died in her sleep and was only 24.

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Hompy10

Netizens are in utter shock and disbelief. Some are noting the eerie similarity of Lee Eon’s death to that of Monday Kiz Kim Min Soo. Fans of Lee Eon also pointed out that he left a message on his minihompy on July 15 saying “It’s too early to die.” After reading this coincidental note, many fans left messages on his minihompy saying “The message above is pitiful” “Oh no, I hope he goes to a better place. I can’t believe it.” More that 40,000 fans visited Lee Eon's minihompy to leave their condolences.

Source: Newsen, Naver
Credit: soyboy

Last edited by soyboy01 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:39 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the pictures!)

kathyro

Number of posts : 2
Warning :
Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Empty Re: Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27

Post by Orchidyaldix Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:50 pm

WHAT?!?!?! R U KIDDING ME??? IS IT CONFIRMED THAT IT WAS HIM??? OH MY GOSH...NOOO....SO SAD....PLEASE UPDATE!!!!

Oh my...I just read the news...i'm just so sad...he always brought happiness to his characters...he just glowed....always....

He will be missed....

Oh my gosh...imagine how our poor gong yoo oppa will react to this news....

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 274759 Rest In Peace Prince Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 274759

Last edited by Orchidyaldix on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Orchidyaldix
Orchidyaldix
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 159
Warning :
Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

https://www.youtube.com/orchidyaldix

Back to top Go down

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Empty Re: Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27

Post by hZKitty Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:51 pm

I also read the news just now on dramabeans.com
I am dumbfound ....
really
shocked.
I have no idea what to say to this.
his lively, fresh, young image contrasts very powerfully to this devastating news.
It almost doesn't make sense ...
Really... omg ... this is so sad ... I can't even find the words to express the total shock I got
RIP
my thoughts go out to his family, friends and loved ones.

P.S.: only 27... he was so young ...... Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 523819 Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 642113 Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 610239
hZKitty
hZKitty
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 351
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://hellozkitty.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hZKitty Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:52 pm

Here is the full article from www.dramabeans.com
Model-turned-actor Lee Eon (also spelled Lee Un, most famously of Coffee Prince) has died in a motorcycle accident.

The 27-year-old, born Park Sang-min, was on his way home following the wrap party for KBS’s Strongest Chil Woo early on the morning of August 21. He was riding a motorcycle and ran into the guardrail of the overpass, and is said to have died almost immediately.

The news has shocked everyone; online, netizens are abuzz in disbelief. Just the night before, he had been onscreen in Chil Woo’s finale episode, and the sudden news is, to say the least, startling.

Lee Eon got his start modeling, but shot to mainstream levels of fame when he took on the role of simple-hearted but lovable Min Yub in last year’s Coffee Prince. He followed that with a stint as a cable-TV MC, then returned to dramas with Who Are You? and, most recently, Strongest Chil Woo.

Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 Eon10
hZKitty
hZKitty
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 351
Warning :

http://hellozkitty.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by p00p Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:10 pm

RIP.

Motorcycles are dangerous, this is the second time something like this has happened this year.
p00p
p00p
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 229
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannie*Saru Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Oh gosh... I loved him in Coffee Prince T_____T That's so sad... RIP Lee Eon ssi... You'll be missed dearly.
Hannie*Saru
Hannie*Saru
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 195
Location : Ca.T.El Land .:.The land of Red mountains, Sapphire Blue waters and Emerald Green grass.:.
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://hannie-rabu.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabu_xiah Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:33 pm

wow...this is such a shocker. He's the last person id ever imagine being in an article..such as this.

never thought this day would come. didnt even think about it either. didnt even think it was possible...

i'll miss him so much. ...im just so dumbfounded and in shock im speachless...ij ust..kind of stopped doing my AP chem hw...and sitting for like 30 minutes...in a dull ...state. I guess the only thing i can do is pray...for something...

i'll really miss him T_T

rabu_xiah
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 195
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sixteen Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:36 pm

What a sad news to begin the day with...another lost life.RIP Lee Eon.My prayers goes out w/ the family & friends.

sixteen

Number of posts : 2
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by tumi18 Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:38 pm

RIP..

wow i still cant believe this news.

tumi18

Number of posts : 5
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by cherryxeero Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:46 pm

Life is so fragile, may he rest in peace! TT__TT
cherryxeero
cherryxeero

Number of posts : 1
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by koreanlove21 Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:50 pm

*GASP* I can't believe it....I agree ^^^ "Life is so fragile". I loved him in Coffee Prince!!!

R.I.P.

and I send my prayers and blessings to his friends, family, and him of course.
koreanlove21
koreanlove21
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Metwitchy Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 pm

R.I.P. Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 610239

So. sad... i loved him coffee princee =[
Metwitchy
Metwitchy
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 38
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by chipmunk2 Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:14 pm

R.I.P
man so young too! :'(
chipmunk2
chipmunk2
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 32
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by aznsaranghae Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:26 pm

i never watched coffee prince, but still it's sad to read/hear about a young person dying. he surely will be miss. i hope he rest in peace, and my condolences to his family. thanks for sharing.
aznsaranghae
aznsaranghae
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 701
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/miss_vicky

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:56 pm

what?. ..... NO WAY ... the last time i watch him is in Who are You drama.... and now ... he died during an accident..... T____________T , SO SAD T____________________T

R.I.P
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by katyanaerasmo Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:58 pm

OMGGG!!
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
omggg
RIP

katyanaerasmo
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 219
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShenYue! Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:07 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
This is impossible .. TT TT
How could he just leave us like this?
I loved him on "Coffee Prince" and "who are you" to bits !!!!
He can't just leave us like this ?
*TEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS*
someone tell me this is a lie please! .. i don't want to believe it!
i don't want it to be him! why? why this soon? why?
ShenYue!
ShenYue!
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1626
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-15

https://shenyuepop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xjjjLOVE Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:24 pm

I read this on Coolsmurfs page
I'm still in shock ....
xjjjLOVE
xjjjLOVE
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 427
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Yumii Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:35 pm

NOOO!
It's so SAD... *cries*
I can't believe it... Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 450250
R.I.P Lee Eon Coffee Prince Character, Lee Eon, Died at age 27 274759
Yumii
Yumii
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 223
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:59 pm

Tears are welling up in my eyes...I am devastated! TT TT
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:55 am

Lee Eon... dead!?

I'm so shocked I cant even imagine no longer living! I'm practically speechless and I feel like crying... even if I have only seen him in two shows, I was looking forward to so much of his work...

R.I.P Lee Eon
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pink Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:34 am

May He Rest In Peace.
I never saw him but looking at his photos now he seemed to be an actor with a big future...unfortunately it didn't turn out that way.
Life is fragile. Death can take anyone.
Sweet Pink
Sweet Pink
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 713
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:11 am

RIP...such a sad news. Condolences for his family and friends.
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by faith Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:13 am

Honestly, it's freaky. There has been so many Korean celebrity deaths since what, march? I don't know!
But how can FOUR deaths in 8 months be normal? And most of them, actually ALL, are below the normal life expectancy. There's that girl, the 24 one, and this Lee Eon and the other two..

Crazy stuff.
faith
faith
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 507
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by OTHluver Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:03 am

omg this is so shocking. i honestly cant believe it. i loved him in coffee prince. may he rest in peace.
OTHluver
OTHluver
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 179
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next