ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror”

+11
Cutie
yunnie
soyboy01
l0v3p1gg13
tunafishie
steph
13angels*
sXiAHn
slackerkain
christinelovesyunho
strawberrybj
15 posters

Go down

Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” Empty Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror”

Post by strawberrybj Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:59 am

Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” 20080724
Lee Teuk wrote on his minihompy on 19th July regarding the culture and audience of their performance.

“You people who pick at this and that of idol culture and fandom should go think about it yourself. You can’t even see your own self, and you are even picking at other’s fingernails. Go look in the mirror. I really hate this.”

This raised the attention of many netizens to Lee Teuk’s post and had also left many unpleased about his words.

Fans had turned up at Seoul’s “Cass Tok Music Festival” on 18th July. Super Junior was the last performer for the concert. And when Lee Teuk left the stage, the fans were making quite a scene in the audience. A problem was also raised that part of the audience had left the performance during the performance intervals. In addition, the recent incident of the silence event at So Nyeo Shi Dae’s performance had point to a problematic performance culture of South Koreans.

Meanwhile, many had left encouragement messages on the guestbook on Lee Teuk’s minihompy like “Why be worried when you are happy? Just let go off whatever’s on your mind and smile”, “Lee Teuk oppa, don’t lose heart” etc.

There were also messages that goes, “Even though we did wrong during the silence event at So Nyeo Shi Dae’s performance, we did not leave the performance hall but just did not respond to the performance” and “It is not the correct conduct to leave the performance hall during the performance intervals”.

Credit: www.sookyeong.wordpress.com
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :
Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” Empty Re: Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror”

Post by christinelovesyunho Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:20 am

he did said that???
christinelovesyunho
christinelovesyunho
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 101
Warning :
Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” Empty Re: Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror”

Post by slackerkain Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:33 am

He doesn't seem to be the type that writes such kind of things... and the incident is already way over, unless someone behind, with greater power is trying to pull off some gimmick and make some big hoo-ha of some stuff...
slackerkain
slackerkain
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 179
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sXiAHn Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:47 am

i guess we can look at this both ways?
through his eyes, which he has right to say what he did (to support his fans) . . . however, through the fans, they did/do have to right to do what it is they did/do (to support their artist?)
[did this quote have anything to do with DC to begin with or did many people just linked to it? anywho . . .]
the way i see it . . . i think he's targeting the "antis" though who exactly is the "antis" ne? xD
but i suppose we cant really say much with just that small quote . . . things could get blown out of proportion :/
i'll wait and see if there's any more info on this before i'll make a big deal out of it xD
if anyone has any other info, please do let me know =]
though him being the leader of suju . . . i dont believe he'll say such things . . . but then again you never really do know since sm don't monitor their artist 24/7?

thanks for sharing though ^^

sXiAHn
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 15
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:56 am

Actually I don't really understand what is he trying to say.
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by 13angels* Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:59 am

I knew he would say that since SuJu was anti attacked recently.
I don't know how the dream concert was linked with this.
I think when he wrote it he was really angry or sleepy since he wrote this at 6am. The person who translated this on soompi said he didn't put spaces for some characters and he also made some typos.
This is my first time seeing leeteuk like this.
Tukie cheer up a little.
Fans and members are always beside you.

I just hope Soshis are not involved in this. or I make them regret for what they are doing...

Last edited by 13angels* on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:00 am; edited 4 times in total
13angels*
13angels*
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 284
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by steph Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:27 am

strawberrybj wrote:Actually I don't really understand what is he trying to say.

haha..me too..
anyway wat makes him suddenly wrote those words??
is there anything happen recently in korea that makes him wrote those words??
it sounds like he is really piss of sumting
steph
steph
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by tunafishie Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:51 am

it's not as serious as you had put it. that message is written not because of the performance but antis are attacking his guestbook after attacking his entries with stickers (which resulted in him closing his entry section).

tunafishie
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 12
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by l0v3p1gg13 Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:19 am

....*speechless*
i guess some anti's can take it too far
so disrespectful~~

don't worry teukie oppa
you still have your loyal fans

soshi better not be behind this...
l0v3p1gg13
l0v3p1gg13
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 49
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:03 am

The translation is a little off, the second sentence should go something like this:
You can’t even see your own self, and you are pointing fingers at other people.

I've got to say the tone of his writing is very different from before; I've never read something as harsh as this.

Another note, if you read various blogs and comment boxes, a lot of netizens leave condescending messages that attack fandom culture. Part of their reason is that they fear fandom is unnecessarily consuming the time and attention of the younger generation and causing a ruckus. This attack on crazy fans and antifans has generalized to a condemning of the fandom culture. This over-generalization has caused many idol groups to come into scrutiny and attack because an attack on fandom is an indirect attack on the idol groups themselves. And thus, I think Lee Teuk is just sick and tired of fans fighting, pointing fingers and accusing each other of being more obsessive and ludicrous. But it's always hard to define the "normal and acceptable" behavior of a fan when there are so many gray areas.

Is this all he wrote or is there more?
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:25 am

^
I have no idea...
Maybe u can take a look at his cyworld http://www.cyworld.com/jsplus
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by 13angels* Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:29 am

13angels*
13angels*
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:44 am

THanks strawberry and angels....I checked....it's all he wrote. But there's more to what it really means.....I"ll update later. Gots to go somewhere but one thing is for sure...it' about the Cass Tok music festival.
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by yunnie Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:14 pm

it really confusing and yeah i agreed with you ^ loook like it
really did got something to do with cass tok festival..
yunnie
yunnie
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 61
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:21 pm

tunafishie wrote:it's not as serious as you had put it. that message is written not because of the performance but antis are attacking his guestbook after attacking his entries with stickers (which resulted in him closing his entry section).

Wasnt that the same for Heechul?
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by 13angels* Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:35 pm

Cutie wrote:
tunafishie wrote:it's not as serious as you had put it. that message is written not because of the performance but antis are attacking his guestbook after attacking his entries with stickers (which resulted in him closing his entry section).

Wasnt that the same for Heechul?

Yeah the same thing happened to heechul but now he write his entry in photo section on his cyworld. I think Leeteuk should do the same thing.

But last time when antis attacked his cyworld he even opened a tab so that antis could write their messages there. But this time I think he is rather pissed.
13angels*
13angels*
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:56 pm

hmm, he sound pissed?
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by koreanlove21 Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Whoa...I would have never thought he would write something like that. But I'm glad that he's said something about it as a leader you know?
koreanlove21
koreanlove21
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi1931 Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:39 pm

i think teukie wrote that becuz he has been asking nicely, couple of time, for the antis to stop messing around on his cyworld
but then they started going wrost than ever so he just wrote that in a rush

mimi1931

Back to top Go down

Post by louise Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 am

LEE TEUK, just go to the army, would ya! Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” 946930
louise
louise
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 466
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by 13angels* Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:59 pm

^^^ Its still not time for him to go to the army. He still has a few more years to go. Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” 140553
13angels*
13angels*
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by firegoddess716 Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:19 pm

YOU GO TEUKIE! its about time someone spoke out. i knew celebrities didnt have that much patience. I LOVE YOU TEUKIE!
firegoddess716
firegoddess716
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 479
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Lee Teuk, “Those who picks at fandom, go look in the mirror” Empty D:

Post by Mako-cha Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm really upset about this...well about how they acted. I never expect adults to be disrespectful. TEukie's right about the whole, "look yourself in the mirror" thing. Well...how would those adults feel if they were in SuJu's shoes and all those people were giving them bad comments and being disrespectful to them? Exactly the same as the members who are only working their hardest to bring good music and entertainment to the world and all they get is disrespect and harsh actions and comments.

Mako-cha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down