ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks guys!

4 posters

Go down

Thanks guys! Empty Thanks guys!

Post by soyboy01 Sat May 17, 2008 11:22 am

What's up? Just wanted to share this amazing b-boy dance battle, supposedly the "Biggest Online Dance Battle" by ACDC (Adam/Chu Dance Crew). You might have seen this already, maybe not. But this is in response for those who stuck up for me for my NLT v. Big Bang article. I realize I might have written a rash commentary purposely ignoring the fact that boy bands originated in the U.S. Of course, I knew that. And of course, NLT is NOT copying Big Bang. I'm not an idiot...but I do feel a bit enlightened with the evidence-based discussions that many of the readers offered (thank you!). I don't feel like the readers were attacking me; rather, they were critically forming opinions about trends in the music scene and, most of all, not just believing in what they're told.

All I've got to say is that NLT is a very unique, talented boy band that just debuted in the wrong country. (Not that they can't succeed in the U.S.) The U.S. is just not ready for them right now...If they had debuted in any other country, they would be an instant idol sensation. Ironically, NLT is "trapped" in the U.S. (that happens to be the music powerhouse that everyone wants to break into, i.e. Se7en and Rain). In this age of globalization, language is no longer a barrier. They should be performing around the world, not just in the states. Anyway, enjoy the vid, featuring Adam Sevani and (what d'ya know) NLT, and many other amazing dancers. You can check out jonmchu's actual youtube site for the entire list of dancers and celebs in the vid.

Credit jonmchu

By the way, this all relates to Kpop because Korea happens to be the B-boy powerhouse. Don't worry, I know B-Boying originated from the U.S. too!...(more specifically from the Bronx). Yet Korea has come to rival dancers from all over the world and win many international B-Boy competitions. Check out this clip from Planet B-Boy, a documentary of the B-Boy phenomenon, that claims Korea is "untouchable".

Planet B-boy: Korea

Credit: bboynyc2006

Last edited by soyboy01 on Sat May 17, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
Thanks guys! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Thanks guys! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Thanks guys! Empty Re: Thanks guys!

Post by strawberrybj Sat May 17, 2008 11:51 am

soyboy, are u gonna post this in the blog? i think u should...maybe your 'attackers' will come back and has more things to say..maybe a different say? Thanks guys! 56561
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Sat May 17, 2008 11:55 am

I asked ShenYue to post it for me because I don't have access to post vids on the blog...but thank you^^

What do you think...is this enough to appease everyone? haha

Last edited by soyboy01 on Sat May 17, 2008 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Sat May 17, 2008 12:09 pm

trust me that you won't be able to please everyone..but the diplomatic manner of this article bound to make people who said that the previous article is stupid or ridiculous feel a little bit guilty?...at least i will if i were them .. Thanks guys! 744612
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonninja598000 Sat May 17, 2008 1:07 pm

NLT didn't debut in the wrong market. they just need something to set them apart from guys in like pretty ricky, day 26, B5, and any other male groups that still make music. Big Bang has a distinct style which makes them popular, not to mention they got some of the best artist in Korea helping them make their tracks. NLT just needs to find something to be good at and work on that a little more than everything else.

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
Thanks guys! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Thanks guys! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

Post by koreanlove21 Thu May 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Those guys in the second video are BEASTS! lol nuff said.
koreanlove21
koreanlove21
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content