ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America

+4
toocutedoggy
sakuyahikari
lovethirteen
Tangera
8 posters

Go down

BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Empty BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America

Post by Tangera Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:07 am

Superstar BoA has finally unveiled the release date of her first regular album in America. In a radio interview with KIIS-FM in Los Angeles, she made a surprise announcement that her regular album will be marketed next March. This is the first time that any official reference was made to the release date.

BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America 20081110

BoA is currently staying in the U.S. to work on the album with two famed music producers, Brian Kennedy and Sean Garrett. Having launched her career in the U.S. with the digital single “Eat You Up” in late October, she has steadily made names for herself by appearing on MTV New York Live program and the Jingle Ball Concert. However, not having a regular album out has impeded her music career from panning out further in America. So once her album is released in March, she’ll be able to put on more aggressive PR activities and performances.

The American mainstream music market has been a tough nut to crack for Asian pop stars. Korean and Asian music lovers are waiting to see how this Korean pop diva can make it in the fiercely competitive market.

Source: KBS World
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :
BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Empty Re: BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America

Post by lovethirteen Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:21 pm

I kind of wish that Korean musicians would stop trying so hard to make in America.
It's not that great here. -.-
lovethirteen
lovethirteen
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 123
Warning :
BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://www.myspace.com/slytherin_princess777

Back to top Go down

BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Empty Re: BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America

Post by sakuyahikari Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:45 pm

At least she's getting somewhere. I'm still waiting for Rain and Se7en to release something... But, I don't exactly like America either (no offence to people >_<).
sakuyahikari
sakuyahikari
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lovethirteen Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Same here! Well, Rain WAS in Speed Racer. He's kind of coming out through movies I guess since he's going to be in another one and he was also on the Colbert Report. That made him a little more known I think. Someone I know asked me about him when he went on there...
But I haven't really heard anything about Se7en.

I just don't understand why everyone wants to make it in America. Why aren't they happy that they're already so popular in their own country and all the other Asian countries? And I don't really like how BoA changed her sound to appeal to America.
I'm American, but I kind of wish I wasn't...

Haha, sorry about that little rant... ^^;
lovethirteen
lovethirteen
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:09 pm

finally~ she's official lauching to the States soon~

good luck to her~
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pink Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:40 am

Ah at last she's working on her American album! I wish her all the best :)
Sweet Pink
Sweet Pink
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 713
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by p00p Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:05 pm

lovethirteen wrote:I just don't understand why everyone wants to make it in America. Why aren't they happy that they're already so popular in their own country and all the other Asian countries? And I don't really like how BoA changed her sound to appeal to America.

Profit. It's like asking why would BoA go to Japan when she was popular in Korea? Japan has a large market, the US has the largest. Also, if BoA was the first the successfully break into the US market as of recently, it spreads her name out to the rest of the world, which means...more money. Very Happy
p00p
p00p
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 229
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by OBSESSION_XIAH Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:03 am

there r like no more space for her in korea (or even Japan?), and then she is put to the US.....
dunno if she can join the mainstream...
good luck la!
OBSESSION_XIAH
OBSESSION_XIAH
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 64
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by RiceRiceBaby Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:40 pm

sakuyahikari wrote:At least she's getting somewhere. I'm still waiting for Rain and Se7en to release something... But, I don't exactly like America either (no offence to people >_<).

*frowns* What's wrong with America?
RiceRiceBaby
RiceRiceBaby
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 598
Warning :
BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by RiceRiceBaby Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:42 pm

lovethirteen wrote:Same here! Well, Rain WAS in Speed Racer. He's kind of coming out through movies I guess since he's going to be in another one and he was also on the Colbert Report. That made him a little more known I think. Someone I know asked me about him when he went on there...
But I haven't really heard anything about Se7en.

I just don't understand why everyone wants to make it in America. Why aren't they happy that they're already so popular in their own country and all the other Asian countries? And I don't really like how BoA changed her sound to appeal to America.

I agree with you. BoA's voice was soooooo mousy in EAT YOU UP. She can do better than that.

Though, I'm proud to be an American. BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America 274759
RiceRiceBaby
RiceRiceBaby
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 598
Warning :
BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100BoA to Release Her First Regular Album in America Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lovethirteen Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:33 pm

Profit. It's like asking why would BoA go to Japan when she was popular in Korea? Japan has a large market, the US has the largest. Also, if BoA was the first the successfully break into the US market as of recently, it spreads her name out to the rest of the world, which means...more money. Very Happy

Oh, well, I guess that's true, haha.
lovethirteen
lovethirteen
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down