ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy

4 posters

Go down

Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy Empty Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy

Post by Cutie Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:27 pm

Singer Lee Hyo-lee is again at the center of controversy. Critics charge that the music video for the track "U-GO-Girl" from her third album plagiarizes Christina Aguilera's video for "Candyman." And some say the nurse that Lee portrays in the video is too provocative, with Netizens taking issue with the nurse costume's plunging neckline.

Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy Xxxxxx10

One netizen has opened a link on a portal demanding the music video be edited and has begun a signature drive. "Nurses study and work very hard but they're exposed to sexual innuendo and harassment at work," another Netizen wrote. "They are belittled in society because they're portrayed in this kind of image." Another said, "I'm joining the signature drive and regret that my heart thumped at the sight of a nurse uniform. My bad."

And yet the controversy has succeeded in generating more buzz for the video, which has become popular on YouTube and other sites. It's not the first time a distorted image of nurses has generated debate. Park Mi-kyung played a racy scene in a nurse outfit in her 2004 music video for "Hot Stuff", drawing protests from the Korean Nurses Association.

-http://english.chosun.com

I didnt see the scene in the mv... (goes off to check) but is it because of the signatures?
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :
Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy Empty Re: Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy

Post by soyboy01 Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:20 pm

This controversy came up before the MV was released and I'm guessing that Hyori cut that out of the actual MV. So this scene is only in the teaser I guess...
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy Empty Re: Sexy Music Video Provokes Controversy

Post by soyboy01 Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:21 pm

I think she did some last minute edits to the MV in order to make it fool-proof and prevent anymore controversy...and the song for the MV is different from the original track on the album.
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:41 pm

yeah, they edit it out...
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by p00p Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Damn, like we haven't seen her boobs before.
p00p
p00p
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 229
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down