ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kim Ji-ho returns to theater

Go down

Kim Ji-ho returns to theater Empty Kim Ji-ho returns to theater

Post by Cutie Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:15 pm

Kim Ji-ho returns to theater Xxx14

TV and movie stars trying their hand at theater is a common occurrence. But for Kim Ji-ho, the case is a little different. After doing her first play in 2006, she went back to TV shows and then this summer she returned to the theater with the play "Proof."
The actress said she was so into plays and missed the theater so much that she immediately started working on the piece even before shooting for the drama ended.

Ever since her first play "Closer," Kim said she was attracted to plays since it was a lot different from TV dramas and movies.

"Because of the time restriction, careful analysis of a character is almost impossible for TV dramas," Kim said at the press conference held in Seoul on June 26. "I enjoy taking time to study the character and also love being able to interact with the audience doing plays."

She also said she was searching for a play that she can pour her emotions and energy into, and when she found "Proof" she knew instantly that it was just what she wanted.

"Proof" is the Korean version of the Broadway play which premiered in 2001 about genius mathematician John Nash, whose life was also made into the movie "A Beautiful Mind" the same year.

The piece was first staged in the country in 2003 starring TV actress Choo Sang-mi and had its second run in 2005.

Unlike the movie, the play focuses on the life of mathematician Robert's imaginary daughter Catherine, which is to be played by Kim.

"It is one of the few shows where a female character leads the whole show, which made me more tempted to do it," Kim said.

Catherine is a sensitive and complex mathematician who is scared that she might have inherited the insanity from her father.

"It is a character that is a lot different from those I have done before - the emotions are diverse and I'm not going to be playing a nice and cheerful role like I used to before," said the actress.

Since Kim is playing a role that is emotionally unstable and complex, she said she was trying hard to understand Catherine.

"It is fun but I don't feel like I've totally become Catherine because it is hard for me to feel that bursting emotion."

The actress added that because of the emotions that prevail in the play - disappointment, grief and pain - she has become melancholic, which made it difficult for her to get to sleep at night.

Many expect the play to be overly academic because it deals with mathematicians. However, Kim explains that it is a story more about relationships among people.

"I know that a lot of the audience prefers to watch comedy shows these days, but Proof will make you think about trust or relationship through the show."

"Proof" will be staged through Aug. 10 and from Aug. 12 to Sept. 7 again at Doore Hall in Daehangno, northern Seoul. Tickets are 35,000 won. To find out more about the show, call (02) 764-8760.

-http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/
-Koreanmovie.com
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :
Kim Ji-ho returns to theater Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kim Ji-ho returns to theater Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down