ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape

+3
Tangera
Sara28
Cutie
7 posters

Go down

From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape Empty From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape

Post by Cutie Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:49 pm

From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape Iljima12

Guryepo Beach in southwest Taean, the site of the devastating oil spill late last year, is seeing a return of the crowds. It's the location of the SBS drama “Iljimae,” in which Lee Jun-ki (26) plays a man who is transformed from urchin Yongi to the chivalrous Iljimae.

"This chicken meat is so tough, my teeth nearly came out." Lee recites the line sitting in the corner of a seaside hut. In the scene, Iljimae, starving, cooks up a chicken behind his master's back, showing the human side of the valiant fighter. Then, at 9 p.m., the first short break after filming since the afternoon.

"I asked the director when I would finally get to shoot the action scenes which the viewers will be dying to see. But I'm still not flying about," says Lee. Iljimae's stunts were withheld until the 10th episode. The story centered instead on Yongi's training and his double life, which all serve to avenge his fathers' death. He was portrayed as a loose, comic character.

Lee became a star overnight in 2006 in the film “The King and the Clown” in which he played a man in woman's disguise. Now he wants to prove himself in an action role. "I shook off the memory of ‘The King and the Clown’ while doing the TV drama ‘Time Between Dog and Wolf’ last year. A comic role is a first for me, which is more difficult than being the leading man. I'm coasting on confidence alone."

In the original comic strip, lljimae disguises himself as a courtesan to obtain information from officials. Sounds familiar? But Lee shakes his head saying, "Will the viewers want to see me again dressed as a woman? I don't think so. I don't want to be a 'pretty boy’ again. But I don't know what the producers think.”

His physique is as pretty as his face. He's a taekwondo expert, but his body is far from brawny. "I don't want to be stuck in one shape. An actor's body should be formless, ready to change into any form. I don't like weight training. I like running about outdoors but not lifting heavy equipment in the stuffy indoors. It's not my style."

While filming “Time Between Dog and Wolf” last year, Lee said he has yet to be recognized as an actor. But his confidence has grown. "I believe more and more people are recognizing me as an actor and not just a celebrity."

(englishnews@chosun.com )

-Digital Chunsunilbo
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :
From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape Empty Re: From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape

Post by Sara28 Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:13 am

can't stop loving him! From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape 274759

i love him since the first time that i laid eyes on him on "the king and the clown". such an amazing actor! and person! From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape 450250

lovya junki From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape 903543

Sara28
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 11
Warning :
From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape Empty Re: From Pretty Boy to Action Star: Lee Jun-ki Changes Shape

Post by Tangera Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:06 am

Yes I think he's got loads of potential and he is an amazing actor indeed!!! <33 Didn't really like him in King and the Clown, but he rocked in Time between dog and wolf. totally.

<33~
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:53 pm

wow. I love that picture of him.
kiki
kiki
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 313
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by aznsaranghae Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:49 pm

that pic of him is nice. and yeah, good luck to recognizing junki as an actor and not just a celebrity. i loved him too in the king and the clown, at first i thought he was a girl, until i looked him up. ahahaha. but he's a good singer to. good luck to you junki. and yes, he's got a great physique too. ahah hope he gets to do/be/or whatever he want. thanx for sharing.
aznsaranghae
aznsaranghae
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 701
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/miss_vicky

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:33 pm

omg, that poster, that pose = feminine...kekeke

but then, i am still watching ilijimae <3 <3
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ayane000 Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:44 am

AISH. I wanna watch that drama so much...I wonder when is it going to come out....
Anyway Junki is a great actor <3
But I still love your feminine image best <3 sorry junki XD
ayane000
ayane000
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 230
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down