ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me"

+7
aznsaranghae
kiki
heiferwood
dragonninja598000
noonoo_shoo
ching
Cutie
11 posters

Go down

Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Empty Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me"

Post by Cutie Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:37 pm

Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Bb10

3rd July, on Melon and Dosirak daily music chart, TaeYang was at number 3 position while GDragon was at number 9 position, both with the song "Look Only At Me". On JukeOn, GDragon's "Look Only At Me part 2" was at number 4 and TaeYang's "Look Only At Me" at number 5, and on Mnet.com GDragon was at number 3 while TaeYang was at number 7th position. It seemed that both Big Bang members versions of "Look Only At Me" is very popular online recently.

GDragon's "Look Only At Me part 2" was released later than TaeYang's "Look Only At Me", with changes to the rap and some vocal portions of the song. Within one day of release of "Look Only At Me part 2", It has overtaken Brown Eyes' "Don't Go, Don't Go" to occupy the number 1 position on CyWorld daily chart.

YG Entertainment spoke up about this, "Even though GDragon's 'Look Only At Me' was released without sufficient explanation to the fans, it is doing very well on music charts. One of the reasons to this is we believe that right now the music scene is quite stagnant."

credit: www.sookyung.multiply.com
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :
Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Empty Re: Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me"

Post by ching Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:51 pm

Gosh G-Dragon stole the spotlight from Taeyang.
His rank is much higher than Taeyang. I wonder whatt Taeyang feels about this.

ching
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 11
Warning :
Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Empty Re: Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me"

Post by noonoo_shoo Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:12 pm

SO they actually released it? Hmm... smart YG.

There's nothing wrong with it being more popular than the original, considering how long TaeYangs version has been out for.

And anyhow, one's success benefits the team as a whole. Wink
noonoo_shoo
noonoo_shoo
SYP Writer
SYP Writer

Number of posts : 557
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonninja598000 Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:07 am

well at least their both on the charts right? i think it's cuz of the content of GD's that makes it more popular. tho he really needs to work on his singing.

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

Post by heiferwood Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:27 am

honestly... i think tae yang's version is 1000 times better.
G-Dragon's sounds like karaoke to me.
i think he should have left this song alone and made his own... if i were tae yang i'd be pisssssed!!! Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" 245883
heiferwood
heiferwood
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 216
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:25 pm

I thought it was Gdragon who composed the song. if that's true, then taeyang has no right to be mad. plus if thats not true, it's always fun to hear a different version of the same song.
kiki
kiki
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 313
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by aznsaranghae Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:59 pm

wow that's pretty amazing. and yeah, at least both are on the charts, and i think that both of them are pretty well with it because overall they are members from the same groups and friends. anyways thank you for sharing.
aznsaranghae
aznsaranghae
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 701
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/miss_vicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikaru Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:01 am

woot~
both of them has its unique in the song..
so being a vip i'm quite happy that both of the song made it to the chart.
it's not like gd stole the spotlight from yb...i think it's good news...i mean big bang will gain more popularity!
Ikaru
Ikaru
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 283
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by xtraycee Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:39 am

Yeah, I think GDragon did compose/produce this song.
So Taeyang shouldn't be that mad...
I love both versions. (:
And it's totally awesome how they're both on the charts! ^_^
xtraycee
xtraycee
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 247
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://www.myspace.com/29638080

Back to top Go down

Post by Key_addict Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:53 am

YES...!!!
The GD's look at me version is great...
love it...!!
but comparing to Taeyang version,,
I love taeyang version than GD's
hiks,,,
mianhae GD Both GDragon and TaeYang occupies music charts with "Look Only At Me" 523819
Key_addict
Key_addict
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 71
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:05 am

xtraycee wrote:Yeah, I think GDragon did compose/produce this song.
So Taeyang shouldn't be that mad...
I love both versions. (:
And it's totally awesome how they're both on the charts! ^_^

No it's not. The song was composed by Teddy of 1Tym and Kush of Stony Skunk.
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down