ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls

+7
toocutedoggy
noonoo_shoo
slackerkain
ayane000
dragonninja598000
xjjjLOVE
Tangera
11 posters

Go down

SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls Empty SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls

Post by Tangera Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:28 pm

It was recently reported that more people sing So Nyeo Shi Dae songs at the KTV rooms in Korea compared to Wonder Girls.

SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls 20080605170916305b0_170916_0

As two competing rivals, how often are their songs being played at KTV rooms in this battle of the KTV rooms? Well according to the latest research figures, SNSD comes out on top this time thanks to their leader, Tae Yeon.

The most played song for the first part of 2008 was “If” performed by Tae Yeon for the “Hong Gil Dong” soundtrack. It just about edged out Park Ji Heon (V.O.S) “When I Miss You” with 160,000 plays. The success can be attributed to the “Hong Gil Dong” drama and also Korean figure skater, Kim YunA whose rendition of the song, “If” was uploaded all over the internet and viewed by millions.

THIS IS KIM YUNA's version of "If". [It's not TaeYeon's, and it's pretty good, especially since Sin YunA is not a professional singer.]
Credits: passionKOREA

So Nyeo Shi Dae songs like “Kissing You”, “Girls Generation” were ranked 12th and 28th respectively. In comparison, Wonder Girls “Tell Me” and “Ee Babo” got 9th and 44th position respectively.

The never-ending comparison just goes on and on but it further solidifies the fact that they are the two most popular girl groups in Korea currently.

Source: Coolsmurf @ Wonder Girls Wonderland

For Your Information, according to that same chart:
According to Kumyoung, Karaoke machine manufacturer and music contents provider, Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon’s “If,” which is included in the OST of the KBS series “Hong Gil Dong, the Hero,” was the most sung Karaoke song in the first half of 2008. The second spot was occupied by Park Ji Hun’s “The Day I Miss You.”

BIG BANG’s “Last Farewell” and “Lie” placed 6th and 16th, respectively. Lee Seung Ki’s “I’ll Give You All” got to 10th place, “You Inside My Memories” grabbed the 31st spot and “Because You’re My Girl” placed 29th. Min Kyung Hoon’s “Sad Fool” ranked 11th in the chart.

Source: Hankooki + krnloop

==========================================
haha I must agree that SNSD's songs are indeed more karaoke friendly...I don't really know how to describe it but SNSD's songs sound more "solid", like there's a catchy chorus tune etc...Wonder Girls' songs probably require more skills to sing?

Last edited by Tangera on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :
SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls Empty Re: SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls

Post by xjjjLOVE Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:40 pm

it's probably because SNSD songs are easier to sing
more karoke type I guess
wouldn't be that hard copying them just stay off tune ^^ lol

Last edited by xjjjLOVE on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
xjjjLOVE
xjjjLOVE
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 427
Warning :
SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls Empty Re: SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls

Post by dragonninja598000 Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:03 pm

xjjjLOVE wrote:it's because probably because SNSD songs are easier to sing
more karoke type I guess
wouldn't be that hard copying them just stay off tune ^^ lol

lol that's pretty messed up. lol i'm sure it's because it's like happy songs that's why it's so popular.

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls Right_bar_bleue

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

Post by ayane000 Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:40 am

Lol it is because wonder's girls songs require more skill to sing and not just "anybody" Very Happy
ayane000
ayane000
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 230
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by slackerkain Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:49 am

When people go to karaoke to sing, seldom people would dare to take up the challenge of singing songs that need skills, and would choose easier songs.
Apparently, the statistics of SNSD songs chose by people in karaoke have proven the point.
slackerkain
slackerkain
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 179
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by noonoo_shoo Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:07 am

wow, I loved hong kildong the drama and I was slightly disappointed that Taeyeon was singing the soundtrack. Not because its her, but because I found her voice didnt completely encompass or suit the song, I found it lacking. Hearing Kim Yuna singing it, it makes me realise that someone with her range of vocals suits it so much more. Goodness, if she were to get voice training and she were to record that song herself I would love it.

On the other hand, its true that SNSD songs are easier to sing, its bubblegum pop, its not meant to be challenging to sing at all. Wonder girls songs are just different, more vocally challenging in the sense that its easy to miss cue, and hard to maintain your breathing.

SNSD songs are also easier to sing when youve had a few Wink
noonoo_shoo
noonoo_shoo
SYP Writer
SYP Writer

Number of posts : 557
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:16 pm

haha, i confessed : when i go to karaoke, i sing SNSD songs
Spoiler:
Laughing
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by rayna Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:24 pm

i would kill to have tell me and so hot [when it comes out on karaoke]

on my karaoke !!!!! I want it!! does anybody know where i can get tell me ??? i have magic sing lolz ><___ so asian...kekekek
rayna
rayna
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 366
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikaru Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:49 am

LOL...
i'll never sing their song...snsd i mean

ooo..
lies got 6th place...COOL!
and last greeting got 16th~~
good~
Ikaru
Ikaru
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 283
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by christinelovesyunho Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:25 am

maybe its becoz it's really easier to sing than wg's... but wg songs are more beautiful to hear han snsd's...
christinelovesyunho
christinelovesyunho
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 101
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by heiferwood Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:07 am

i'm not surprised really... it does take less skill to sing one of their songs than it does to sing a wondergirls' song. SNSD songs more karaoke-friendly than Wonder Girls 806540
heiferwood
heiferwood
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 216
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down