ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song

+6
koreanlove21
Jackie
yunho<33
ayane000
Cutie
tealfirestar07
10 posters

Go down

American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song Empty American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song

Post by tealfirestar07 Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:26 am

American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song 20080619

American punk rock band Weezer is going to do a remake of song by "Asia's star" BoA, having a lot of netizens talking about it.

Weezer released a world-wide 6th album "The Red Album" on 4th June, and their Japanese fans recognised the remake song. The song "Meri Kuri(メリクリ)" was the christmas ballad that BoA first performed in 2004.

What was surprising for the Japanese fans were that Weezer had not done the remake in English but had done the song entirely in Japanese, causing a lot of interest in fans.

Weezer's managing company Universal Music has commented that "This is an special bonus track for Japanese fans, where we remake a song by a Korean singer who does promotional activities in Japan and sing the entire song in Japanese."

Japan's SanKei Sports reported "Weezer's vocal Rivers Cuomo first heard the BoA's songs from his Japanese wife, who lately recommended him to make an attempt to do a remake on the song."

Weezer which was formed in 1992 and debuted in 1994 with the album "Weezer", is a popular band that had sold over 2 million album copies.

cr: sookyung@mutliply

credits to Cutie for finding it!

Last edited by tealfirestar07 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1851
Warning :
American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song Empty Re: American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song

Post by Cutie Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:15 am

I guess Korean news... since its about a Japanese song?

I cant wait to hear the song! eheh... just imagining it American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song 56561
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :
American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song Empty Re: American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song

Post by ayane000 Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:06 am

Hmmm I'm interested, wonder how it will sound like ? better or worse Very Happy
ayane000
ayane000
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 230
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by yunho<33 Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:59 am

i think it will turn out okay since weezer is a pretty good band. lets hope they dont disappoint.

yunho<33
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 191
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackie Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:48 pm

hahaha how did i know Rivers would end up marrying a Japanese chick!

Jackie
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 42
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by koreanlove21 Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:06 pm

That's really random. hehe but it's a good random. =]
koreanlove21
koreanlove21
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonninja598000 Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:57 pm

wow that's cool. i want to hear it. =P

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

Post by sing_lalala Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:02 am

o.o i wish i could hear it >< though i dont really know who band is but seems familiar >.>...
sing_lalala
sing_lalala
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 137
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by iluffsushi Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:24 pm

Woooow i wanna hear it now......
xDDD
i like Weezer and BoA, so this better be good!
thanks for sharing la~
iluffsushi
iluffsushi
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 89
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by iinda Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:43 pm

dont they they one that sung beverly hills rite???...i think i knoe them
iinda
iinda
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:44 pm

You can hear the song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG1ze7EK6bs

It sounds... American punk rock band Weezer to remake BoA's song 243153
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down