ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports

+8
shestinne
Cutie
rabu_xiah
strawberrybj
soyboy01
Ochibi
Ikaru
Tangera
12 posters

Go down

korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports Empty Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports

Post by Tangera Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:44 am

Actor Lee Jun Ki recently gave his opinion on the candle-lit vigil by Koreans against the government for agreeing to resume US beef imports which got tremendous support from netizens. In his Cyworld entry on 28th May, he wrote, “You aren’t willing to even take care of your own citizens?”, as he slammed the riot police for their overzealous clampdown on protesters who held daily street demonstrations. The US beef import ban was made in 2003 over fears of mad cow disease but was lifted on 18th April 2008 by president Lee Myung Bak.

korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports 200805280000311lee

He defended the protesters, “The people in Korea are struggling to make ends meet everyday and have been getting by through their patriotism and confidence towards the nation. But they really can’t tolerate any longer with this decision and so this is the result (demonstrations). They have no choice but to take to the streets in peaceful demonstrations to state their point.

korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports 539w

He also chastised the riot police for their overzealous clampdown on peaceful demonstrators, “I find it really incredible while watching the news on tv after filming my drama. Perhaps they would only wake up their ideas if we give up on demonstrating in peace, wielding batons ourselves and going up against them.”

The Korean government has since then backed down in news announced today, asking the US not to export cattle over 30 years old to Korea (younger cattle are less susceptible to mad cow disease).

Source: Coolsmurf
=========================================
wow. It seems he isn't just another celebrity, but is concerned about the world affairs and the welfare of fellow S. Koreans as well...That's good I guess. :) <3 Lee Jun Ki!
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :
korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports Empty Re: Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports

Post by Ikaru Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:55 am

oo...
this is good...
it's been goin on for months...
jun ki voiced up! woot!
Ikaru
Ikaru
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 283
Warning :
korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports Empty Re: Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports

Post by Ochibi Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:09 am

Juuuunki<3 awww he really cares *sniffles*

I personally don't eat beef period..lol, but I would be pretty pissed if they dun import chicken in..>.<
Ochibi
Ochibi
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 621
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:03 am

Way to go Lee Jun Ki! He truly is a good citizen korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports 274759
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 am

i'm starting to love Junki... <3
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabu_xiah Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:03 pm

the thing about it is ...my mom (korean) is just wondering...why dont they just DONT eat teh beef?

the whle protest thing is hurting botht eh police and the citizens. As a korean i dont like the whole resuming beef thing but sometimes you gotta make that decision to have peace between two nations or w.e. the reason.

if you dont like it. dont eat it.
the US government can force the beef to reside in Koera but tehy dont have ht epower to force ppl to eat it.

The citizens who protested are being beaten up and waht not....and i feel really bad for htem....but they gotta realize that they dont have to be violent to protest. Their violent protesting is makign teh POLICE angry which is why they're beating each otehr up.

you gotta see the both sides on teh issue...

rabu_xiah
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 195
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:18 pm

Those guys who voted for the new president better not be in that protest! This is what they got for voting for that weird dude.
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by shestinne Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:23 pm

yeah...
i think people should also look at it both sides..

US may throw them beef to KOREA but then again, the citizens have the RIGHT not to eat it...

=]
shestinne
shestinne
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 16
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:41 pm

rabu_xiah wrote:the thing about it is ...my mom (korean) is just wondering...why dont they just DONT eat teh beef?

the whle protest thing is hurting botht eh police and the citizens. As a korean i dont like the whole resuming beef thing but sometimes you gotta make that decision to have peace between two nations or w.e. the reason.

the US government can force the beef to reside in Koera but tehy dont have ht epower to force ppl to eat it.

The citizens who protested are being beaten up and waht not....and i feel really bad for htem....but they gotta realize that they dont have to be violent to protest. Their violent protesting is makign teh POLICE angry which is why they're beating each otehr up.

you gotta see the both sides on teh issue...

^ true but Many other Korean loves beef

i was wondering why they want to import American Beef again = Cheaper?

doesn't Korea have lots of cow???
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by koreanlove21 Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:36 pm

He really isn't just one of those typical celebrities. That's a definite plus in my book! hehe. He really does care for the citizens as well as himself. and it shows that he must be one of those people with a heart of gold. korean - Lee Jun Ki slams the Korean government over resuming US beef imports 274759
koreanlove21
koreanlove21
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Oh plz...does that make any sense?! It's not a matter of like/dislike. It's a health hazard. People have the right to care about their safety and a nation has the responsibility to keep their people safe. The U.S. deserves to get their meat banned. All you people in the U.S. eating public school lunches (i.e. hamburgers), we're eating the same meat but what are we doing about it? NOTHING! And there is more than enough evidence uncovered by the U.S. media but have been quietly covered up by the American Beef Industry, which happens to have one of the biggest lobbyist in Washington. By the way, people have a right to protest (although it should be relatively peaceful). Why? Because the government is for the people and by the people. WE shouldn't be afraid of our leaders; the leaders should be afraid of us, the PEOPLE.

If this issue was about contaminated corn, a staple food in many different food products, you wouldn't be saying "you don't like it. you don't eat it." Why? because then it affects many more people. Perhaps you're a vegetarian or don't eat beef and it doesn't relate to you...but the U.S. isn't so high and mighty to get away with this.
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by aznsaranghae Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:53 pm

Yeah, go Junki. I hope everything is going well all over there and all that. Hmm... I didn't know that the cow disease still resuming, but I hope the protestors don't get beat down any more. Thank you for sharing.
aznsaranghae
aznsaranghae
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 701
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

http://www.myspace.com/miss_vicky

Back to top Go down

Post by ayane000 Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:43 am

I have always loved junki <3 now I love him even more <3333
ayane000
ayane000
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 230
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:53 am

soyboy01 wrote:

Oh plz...does that make any sense?! It's not a matter of like/dislike. It's a health hazard. People have the right to care about their safety and a nation has the responsibility to keep their people safe. The U.S. deserves to get their meat banned. All you people in the U.S. eating public school lunches (i.e. hamburgers), we're eating the same meat but what are we doing about it? NOTHING! And there is more than enough evidence uncovered by the U.S. media but have been quietly covered up by the American Beef Industry, which happens to have one of the biggest lobbyist in Washington. By the way, people have a right to protest (although it should be relatively peaceful). Why? Because the government is for the people and by the people. WE shouldn't be afraid of our leaders; the leaders should be afraid of us, the PEOPLE.

If this issue was about contaminated corn, a staple food in many different food products, you wouldn't be saying "you don't like it. you don't eat it." Why? because then it affects many more people. Perhaps you're a vegetarian or don't eat beef and it doesn't relate to you...but the U.S. isn't so high and mighty to get away with this.

Well said and it's true. Why do we need to always get bullied by the bigger power aka the government and the US?
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down