ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies

+4
rayna
smile
BananaHugs
soyboy01
8 posters

Go down

Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies Empty Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies

Post by soyboy01 Wed May 21, 2008 2:41 pm

So I was listening to Big Bang's new (leaked) album and noticed a particular music arrangement that I also heard in new songs released by Chris Brown, Usher, and Se7en. I've also heard in the new SM boy band SHINee's song "Noona is so Pretty". I call it "singing underwater", but it actually sounds very cool. They've added vibrations in their songs that take pure tones up to 2nd and 3rd harmonic frequencies, creating a multi-level tone in their voice. This is quite difficult to do naturally without the help of digital arrangements. These songs also follow a trend in slow beats with vibes that warp through the air.

Check out TaeYang's Inro song, written by G.Dragon, that have striking similarities to Chris Brown's "Forever." [Disclaimer: I am not suggesting that G.Dragon is copying Chris Brown! (Repeat) Most likely, G.Dragon didn't listen to Chris Brown's song before he wrote it!] Just check out the trend and see if you agree. Tae Yang's song "Prayer" also utilizes this technique.

Tae Yang (of Big Bang) - Intro - Hot (Written By GD.)

Credit: xLiisa

Chris Brown - Forever *New 2008 hit*

Credit: Listinin2DaExclusiv3

Tae Yang - Prayer (ft Teddy)

Credit: soyboy

Last edited by soyboy01 on Thu May 22, 2008 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies Empty Re: Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies

Post by BananaHugs Wed May 21, 2008 3:27 pm

I think I've noticed the same in Son Dam Bi's "Bad Boy"?

Anyhow, I like where this trend is headed - it makes new music really fresh and catchy. :)
BananaHugs
BananaHugs
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 111
Warning :
Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://playmeagain.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies Empty Re: Music Trend Alert! R&B/Pop vibe frequencies

Post by smile Wed May 21, 2008 6:08 pm

the songs are pretty cool in that they are a total spin from the usual stream, but this kind of techniques should be used sparingly otherwise it would seem to be all the same. i'm really liking taeyang's Prayer and Chris Brown's Forever Very Happy
smile
smile
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 102
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by rayna Wed May 21, 2008 9:46 pm

i think its called "AUTO-TUNING" remember Daft Punk's "One More Time" ?
its the same tuning, but the software used has been technologically advanced. and they may be using the same music software.
rayna
rayna
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 366
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Thu May 22, 2008 6:51 am

omagah!...i can't breath...too much of taeyang's overdose and teddy's return make it worst .. :p
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Thu May 22, 2008 12:03 pm

wow, so would u think DBSK come back this year would sing these kind of song? ...haha
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Thu May 22, 2008 12:31 pm

No, not necessarily because DBSK is definitely not R&B. THis is only one trend out of many; but this particular one seemed more prevalent in the recent songs. It just shows how fast these music trends move and most of it is because the producers and song writers these are not necessarily from their own country. What I mean is that the songs that Big Bang or Tae Yang recieve may not be from a Korean song writer, in fact, he/she may be from the U.S. Even songs are produced internationally - that's why we see such an overlap. But you never know...DBSK might pull one off haha...
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by xmizzzy Thu May 22, 2008 4:13 pm

T-pain was the first person i knew using vibe frequencies. sounds nice (:
xmizzzy
xmizzzy
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 160
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Thu May 22, 2008 4:28 pm

soyboy01 wrote:No, not necessarily because DBSK is definitely not R&B. THis is only one trend out of many; but this particular one seemed more prevalent in the recent songs. It just shows how fast these music trends move and most of it is because the producers and song writers these are not necessarily from their own country. What I mean is that the songs that Big Bang or Tae Yang recieve may not be from a Korean song writer, in fact, he/she may be from the U.S. Even songs are produced internationally - that's why we see such an overlap. But you never know...DBSK might pull one off haha...

but they like trying new things.... so u never know ...xD Surprised
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by iinda Thu May 22, 2008 6:46 pm

i love it...it's catchy tho...reminds me of those discos songs...lol
iinda
iinda
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down