ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism”

+5
Sweet Pink
Teeenarh
noonoo_shoo
sakuyahikari
Tangera
9 posters

Go down

TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism” Empty TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism”

Post by Tangera Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:45 pm

Dong Bang Shin Gi’s new song, ‘Spell (MIROTIC)’ was criticized because of plagiarism.

TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism” Miroti11

When Dong Bang Shin Gi’s new album with the title track, ‘Spell (MIROTIC) was released, netizens simultaneously began identifying the similarities between their title track and German pop singer, Sarah Conner’s song, “Under My Skin.” Various arguments erupted with netizen’s stating, “This is plagiarism,” and “This is a remake.”

Dong Bang Shin Gi’s company spoke to the press on the 30th to clear this issue. “The composing team of Remee/Troelsen who composed BoA’s American debut song, ‘Eat You Up’ gave Dong Bang Shin Gi and Sarah Conner the same song” and that, “While Europe receives the rights for Sarah Connor’s version, Asia get’s Dong Bang Shin Gi.”

Therefore, TVXQ is unlikely to go promote Mirotic in Europe. Awww the poor Europe fans! >.<

Furthermore, “when we first received the song, we knew that they were the same,” stated a spokesperson. “Sarah Conner made her version public last month but Dong Bang Shin Gi had finished recording in June.”

It's kind of sad that TVXQ's comeback has to be met with such criticisms. While I feel that the song - lyrics + tune - is suitable for their comeback (kudos to Yoo Young Jin for the lyrics, and for arranging), the fact that it doesn't seem "unique" anymore is a minus point. However, I am sure Korean Cassiopeia and International Cassiopeia alike will embrace this song and TVXQ's album and will probably have this song on repeat again and again and again *ME!ME!ME!*....because we are all happy to be TVXQ's "slaves*". XD

Source: Hankooki
Credit: http://seoulfull.wordpress.com/

* "Slave" may have a negative conotation, but this is with reference to the translation of their "Spell (MIROTIC) song lyrics, so no harm intended! ^^

========================
Look at this! Cassiopeia still thinks TVXQ is their No. 1! <33

TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism” Cassio10

^ This image is taken at the Asia Song Festival~ Credits: Mirotic
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :
TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism” Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism” Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism” Empty Re: TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism”

Post by sakuyahikari Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:24 pm

I've heard about this a bit after Mirotic was released, but honestly, should people be accusing them of such things before knowing the whole story? 'Cause obviously, they all got proved wrong. I'll be honest and say that both DBSK and Sarah Conner did the song a lot of justice. They put it out with their own style and flavour that made the song their own. Both songs are good in their own way.
sakuyahikari
sakuyahikari
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :
TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism” Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism” Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism” Empty Re: TVXQ, “(Mirotic is) Neither A Remake Nor Plagiarism”

Post by noonoo_shoo Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Cassiopeia will always think TVXQ is number 1. lol isnt that their point? It doesnt take the awesomeness away from that image, I hope its real. Very Happy

TVXQ never really promoted anything in Europe, so I dont think it's much of an issue. Im sure they have European fans but not a substantial amount that requires open promotion. :3

Whatever with the accusations, its naive to think that companies dont know what they're doing in this business. Especially one thats been in it for so long like SM.

Actually SM has enough experience with covering songs or buying rights to do the right legal work, I mean how many songs have they re-done or bought?

I think people have become accustomed to criticising the hell out of a song, so the word "plagiarism" is throw around a lot. Sometimes without people knowing how serious it is. Because in its most base form, plagiarisim is theft. So go easy people in future.
noonoo_shoo
noonoo_shoo
SYP Writer
SYP Writer

Number of posts : 557
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teeenarh Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:43 pm

haha cassiopeia can really show their love.
Teeenarh
Teeenarh
SYP Graphics Artist
SYP Graphics Artist

Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pink Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:20 am

TVXQ is and always will be no.1!!!!
We'll always love them <3
Sweet Pink
Sweet Pink
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 713
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by steph Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:41 am

noonoo_shoo wrote:
Whatever with the accusations, its naive to think that companies dont know what they're doing in this business. Especially one thats been in it for so long like SM.

Actually SM has enough experience with covering songs or buying rights to do the right legal work, I mean how many songs have they re-done or bought?

ya.i totally agree with wat u wrote..come on let's think..will sm be stupid enough to have a plagiarize song for their biggets asset( TVXQ)'s comeback??certainly not!
moreover TVXQ's mirotic version is different from sarah and honestly i think theirs is way better..
steph
steph
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by zzboobabiizz Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:22 pm

watever.. but i still think its amazing how fans can do something like "TVXQ NO.1" for their idol. its so cool
zzboobabiizz
zzboobabiizz
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 32
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:38 am

I must disagree...I know that this is such a gray area but if you compare the two mvs, it's just too blatant. But if the exchange of money keeps things quiet between two parties then I guess it's fine. I just have to pity DBSK because it's a pure waste of talent....maybe I'm being harsh but I'm thinking for their future endeavors in other countries.
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:40 am

Impressive light show by Cassies! (although diminished from last year) ~
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannie*Saru Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:27 am

Since everyone kept saying it was a cover song or a sample.. I assumed it wasn't plagarized XD Why LSM so stupid
Hannie*Saru
Hannie*Saru
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 195
Location : Ca.T.El Land .:.The land of Red mountains, Sapphire Blue waters and Emerald Green grass.:.
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://hannie-rabu.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down