ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser!

+2
noonoo_shoo
soyboy01
6 posters

Go down

Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser! Empty Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser!

Post by soyboy01 Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:26 pm

Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser! Seo_ta12

Seo Tai Ji released the teaser for the MOAI MV. For those wondering what Moai means, according to wikipedia, they are "monolithic human figures carved from rock on the Polynesian island of Rapa Nui (Easter Island) between 1250 and 1500 CE." The awe-inspiring footage from Easter Island in Seo Tai Ji's MV complement his "nature pound" arrangement in the song.

Seo Tai Ji filmed his MV on Easter Island with top-notch staff from Hollywood. The MV cost a whopping total of $800,000 US dollars. But not to worry, his album sales have already covered the cost. Seo Tai Ji soldout a record 100,000 copies just from preorders. Even more surprisingly, his mini-album that consists of 4 songs costs about $10 dollars (10,000 Won), which means that each song costs $2.50 (2,500 Won). That's pretty expensive, right? Only Seo Tai Ji can pull it off....because he comes with a premium.

However, some fans are complaining at the "unreasonably" high priced album. Most mini albums go from around $6-$9 (6,000-9,000 Won). If the artists adds some special features to hook fans into buying, such as photobooks and DVDs then the price tag goes up to $10 (10,000 Won). Seo Tai Ji has turned Korea's music industry upside-down and inside-out with his record sales despite the high price tag. Artists and industry insiders were worried about the worsening market conditions and increased illegal file sharing that are leading to record low album sales. But Seo Tai Ji showed that he's truly invincible by overcoming the music market slump and offering an inkling of hope for many financially strained (aka starving) musicians. Put in another perspective, Seo Tai Ji may have just showed that if you make good music, people will buy it at whatever price. Thus, this latest upheaval may lead to market price readjustments and a different perspective on tackling the slump. And it may be as simple as making good music that appeals to all generations.

[Teaser] Seo Tai Ji - MOAI

Credit: jpfx3

Last edited by soyboy01 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser! Empty Re: Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser!

Post by noonoo_shoo Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser! 61280685ee0
I added this to my other post, but this is too awesome not to share. He brings back hope in the struggling music industry. <3 <3

Good quality music will sell. Seo Taiji is showing it, Brown Eyes are showing it. If someone makes it worth buying albums then you will. No more gimmicks please, unless you will give me the idol along with the album Wink . A lot of the music coming out nowadays is the same thing with different singers. So no wonder there is a bloody slump.

I would buy his album if he notched the price up more to be honest. He's not been milking us for the last four years like other agencies. As far as Im concerned he's worth the money and he's for the music. <3

thanks again soyboy! (Youve made me smile all day! with all this seo taiji i may be out for the weekend too, but I cant miss out on his comeback O_O)

Seo taiji pluggage post on the blog please? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
noonoo_shoo
noonoo_shoo
SYP Writer
SYP Writer

Number of posts : 557
Warning :
Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Seo Tai Ji releases MOAI teaser! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:03 pm

He's worth spending money on.... ^o^

Even... if in the end... I do become broke... TT.TT .... its still worth it!
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by janeberryblue Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:14 am

glad to hear that his koRn days are in the past ^^

man.. koreans are complaining about spending $10 on a mini album?!?! us international folks have to fork over at least $12 T___T
so i'm assuming this seotaiji album is going to be like $15+ for us?? :/

janeberryblue
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 17
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Orchidyaldix Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 pm

Yeah...they really complain...here in Chile, buying an imported album, mini or not it costs over and i mean way over US$20....10 bucks is nothing really....besides the song sounds nice...and also it's much better to see images of my country in it hehehehe...i would buy it...if i only had to pay $10... Mad
Orchidyaldix
Orchidyaldix
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 159
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

https://www.youtube.com/orchidyaldix

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchant Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:13 am

his songs are good~~!! and $10 really doesnt seem that expensive if they are complaining then why not just dont buy it then = =

Enchant
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 120
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down