ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It”

+4
Cutie
Candi
yenz
Tangera
8 posters

Go down

girls - Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It” Empty Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It”

Post by Tangera Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:20 am

(Source: Sports Seoul (080715) | credit: lazenca0 (proofing) + Wonder Girls' Wonderland)

Here's an interview Sports Seoul had with Wonder Girls:

Wonder Girls comprising of Sun Ye (19), Ye Eun (19), Yoo Bin (20), So Hee (16) and Sun Mi (16) have dominated the music industry last year and this year. After winning the hearts of young and old with “Tell Me” last year, they have carried on their momentum with their addictive “so Hot” comeback this May. The Wonder Girls who had stopped promotions for a four months break have won even more fans over after promoting their new mini album for a month. How did this 5 girls become so popular with the public? Let’s meet them now.

girls - Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It” 20080716ba007

Q. “So Hot” has once again won a lot of popularity with everyone. Have you seen comedian Kim Shin Young performing this on “Infinity Challenge”?

Ye Eun: We saw it. I thoroughly analysed it from start till end. Especially towards her imitation of Sun Ye’s short hair, that was a good resemblance.

Q. During Music Bank recently, SNSD sang “Tell Me” while Wonder Girls did “Kissing You”. Fans even started many “who sang better” online discussions. How did you feel about SNSD rendition of “Tell Me”?

Sun Ye: We viewed all the related news reports after the performances. There were good reviews generally like “Although they sang other group’s songs, but they never lost their own flavor”. I felt that although SNSD and us are quite similar in age, but we all have our own different flavors. Although we didn’t practise much for the special performance, it was still pretty interesting. Everyone was able to complete their performances successfully.

Q. There were no issues about your singing when you debuted with “Irony”. But there were lots of debate when you performed “Tell Me” and “So Hot”. Park Jin Young once mentioned that he requested all of you to sing in this ’special’ way. Tell us the real reason behind this.

Sun Mi: Different from “Irony”, the two songs are more focused on transferring the image and are not songs for vocal skills display.

Ye Eun: Sun Ye and I use vibrations a lot when singing usually, but Park Jin Young told us not to for these songs. He said we would ruin the songs if we ignore the feelings of them.

Sun Ye: If all the songs were sang in the same tone, than the singers career option would not have existed. You can’t tell what this or that song is trying to convey. As for criticisms about neglecting our vocals and feeling uncomfortable when singing live, we acknowledge that. So we are working on it.

Q. Fans are really familar with your songs like “Irony”, “Tell Me” and “So Hot”. There’s a ballad included in your mini album, “This Time” which gave fans a refreshing jolt. They all wondered, “Wonder Girls can also sing songs like this?” Any plans to sing ballads in future?

Ye Eun: We don’t really plan to just stick to doing dance songs. If there are plans for us to do ballads, we will. It’s quite a pity that we aren’t able to promote “This Time”. But we will still sing this during other events.

girls - Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It” 20087151155_565114831_863_0

Q. We have questions for each member starting with Sun Ye. Your stage clothes are all long pants?

Sun Ye: Ah. I can answer this question very honestly. The legs of the other members are all very pretty. From small, I started practising dancing so my legs aren’t that good looking. So compared to wearing skirts, I love wearing pants instead. This seems to suit me more.

Q. Heard that Yoo Bin’s voicebox isn’t that good recently. And she still can’t quite rap during live performances.
Yoo Bin: It’s much better now. I really want to perform live as soon as possible so I am practising hard.

Manager: Although she would like to sing live but because we are now preparing for the next album, so from the company’s perspective, it’s better for her to lipsync now.

Q. During SBS The Star Show, all the members cried while talking about their families, but So Hee didn’t.

So Hee: Everyone cried but I didn’t…, but actually the camera didn’t take the shot where I cried secretly.

Q. Ye Eun, you were the last to enter the group (Yoo Bin does not count). Did you meet with any difficulties back then?

Ye Eun: All the members treated me well so I didn’t have much difficulties. All the members had went through a long period of training and were talented already. I wasn’t that good in dancing so I had trouble keeping up initially.

Q. “4-Dimensional” Sun Mi, do you feel uneasy about this?

Sun Mi: 4-dimensional. Hmm~ Maybe it’s because I show more concern about such stuff. For example, the earth and galaxy. But the greenhouse effect on earth, space travel, aren’t these topics that people discuss recently now? But because of my overly concern over it, others look upon me as being 4-dimensional. Haha.

Q. You’ve done many interviews. Any questions you disliked being asked?

Ye Eun: Compared to dislike, it’s just questions that people keep asking us. “After Tell Me, do you feel the pressure about future albums”, related questions like this. But then again, we like being asked questions like this. Why? Because it only means that our previous albums were very successful.

Sun Ye: We also get questions like, “Do you fight often among yourselves?”. But we don’t. I am not sure about those who are of the same ages but probably because we are of different ages. We just throw tantrums sometimes.

Yoo Bin: Would like to try quarreling. Because I’m tomboyish in nature and don’t like to conceal things in my heart. I just want to have a open hearted talk.

Q. Your opinion about being compared with SNSD? Do you detest that?

Yoo Bin: No. It’s alright since we like SNSD on the contrary. We like SNSD and also listen to their songs. The oldest member in Wonder Girls and SNSD is me. I recently met Tae Yeon of SNSD backstage recently and said to her, “Let’s get along well in future”, she immediately replied me, “Understood, unnie.” You cannot imagine how cute that was. Hahaha.

==============================================================================
Hope YooBin will be able to rap live soon...woah SunYe must have started dancing since she was really young (not that she's not young now...)! No wonder she can do the wave really well. XD I wonder...in what tone did Tae Yeon reply her...
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :
girls - Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It” Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100girls - Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It” Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

girls - Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It” Empty Re: Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It”

Post by yenz Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:00 am

it was a cute tone,yoo bin said so duh

yenz
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 38
Warning :
girls - Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It” Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100girls - Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It” Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

girls - Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It” Empty Re: Wonder Girls, “Vocal Problems? We Are Working On It”

Post by Candi Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:12 am

^ well u wouldnt know neways
Candi
Candi
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 228
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:31 pm

THanks for sharing~

They were so honest with the interview~ ^^

And I liked the questions they asked because many of the answers were answers that I was thinking to myself, heheh
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Yoobin is not tomboy...she is pretty~

+ the first legs = LONG legs <3
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by xjjjLOVE Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:05 pm

awww the Wonder Girls ~
their all so sweet and kind ^^ <33
xjjjLOVE
xjjjLOVE
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 427
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by firegoddess716 Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:31 pm

haha this is soo cute!
i love it when sohee said she wasnt crying cuz the camera didnt catch her crying!
firegoddess716
firegoddess716
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 479
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by yunho<33 Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:26 pm

aww they seem really honest with answering their question.
they are so down to earth.

yunho<33
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 191
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down