ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm!

5 posters

Go down

Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! Empty Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm!

Post by soyboy01 Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! Kyul10

Opera, which once used to be faux pas among the masses, has been revitalized by Pop into a musical revolution. Pop Opera is taking Korea by storm with new artist Kyul at the helm. He was already well-known for his vocals in the classical arena but is reaching out to ordinary masses to become the next sensation.

Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! Kyul_210

Kyul made his debut performance on July 10 on Mnet M! Countdown, commanding a magnificent stage presence with his musical-like performance of his title song "월하연". (I haven't found it yet, but once I do, I will upload it.) The song features a dramatic soundtrack that suits well with Kyul's deep, resonating voice.

Kyul graduated from the top Korean university - Seoul University - majoring in music and also got his Ph.D there. He's reputed to be a musical genius and wants to attract interest in his music from the often hard to reach teens. He's definitely hot....nice eye-candy, so I'd say that's no problem. But the Korean public really needs to be more open about different genres of music.

Check out his awesome MV featuring a lonely damsel, a sentimental clown, and a vengeful ringmaster:

Credit: nicholaspark12345

Source: Newsen
Credit: soyboy
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! Empty Re: Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm!

Post by hZKitty Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:32 pm

The melody is Luna by Alessandro Safina
PM and I'll send you the original song
I hope he'll mention the song isn't his ...
hZKitty
hZKitty
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 351
Warning :
Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://hellozkitty.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! Empty Re: Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm!

Post by soyboy01 Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up...you are 100% right. Kyul's title song is a Korean version of the original famous Italian Popera song "Luna" by Alessandro Safina. You have a very sharp ear for music.... Very Happy
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:42 pm

In fact...I really like the Italian version. It sounds better in a romantic language.
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by Peony Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 pm

waahh

this is reallllly good! I'm going to add this to my ipod
Peony
Peony
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 302
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:22 pm

The song is nice.. and interesting ^^

The singer reminds me of Lim Hyun Joo~

And the end of the mv was slightly spooky ... O.O
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by heiferwood Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:12 am

the mv was really intense. but he's got a really nice voice! Classical-Pop crossover artist - Kyul - takes Korea by storm! 321606
heiferwood
heiferwood
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 216
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down