ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service

+2
noonoo_shoo
Tangera
6 posters

Go down

Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service Empty Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service

Post by Tangera Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:06 am

Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service Ssk-army

A farewell with a promise to meet again can be more heartrending than a permanent goodbye as it must last throughout the waiting period. For Sung Si-kyung (29), who is about to start his military service, his just-released sixth album “Here in My Heart” is just that: it’s bye for now, but we’ll meet again.

In an interview with the Chosun Ilbo, he seems tired. “I’ll probably start duty in July, though the date isn’t exact,” he says. On May 12, he quit the MBC FM late night radio show “Blue Night with Sung Si-kyung”, which he had hosted for two years and seven months.

“A late-night radio show brings you close to the listeners but further from the world. I quit it early to prepare for the album and concert and look after my health,” he says. He has a thesis left to submit to complete his master’s at the Korea University Graduate School of Journalism and Mass Communication: it’s about the music selection on FM radio.

“I was never afraid that people would forget me. Believe it or not, I also never wanted to be famous or a superstar. I just worry that I’ll be cut off from society and lose my musical sense during the two years, as I won’t be able to invest in myself.”

“I worked madly on the album sleeping two hours a day, and at times I thought ‘what is all this work for?’” He was clearly feeling nervous and depressed, as most men do before military service.

Big-name composers including Yoo Hee-yeol, Kim Hyun-chul, Jung Jae-hyung, Roh Young-sim and Kim Kwang-jin worked on the new album. He wrote two songs himself, including the title song “Goodbye, My Love”, a collaboration with Yoo. He may be a multitalented entertainer, but his focus has always been on music.

His vocals particularly shine in songs that dispense with too much echo in production. Except for the title song, the album has a lonely feel, like a winter streetlamp. “I have a talent for acting out the lyrics and melody,” he says. “I would be singing but at the same time acting out a 3:30 minute long ballad. The album inevitably includes a lot about departure, reflecting my situation.”

He initially asked not to talk much about his military service, but he always came back to it at the end. It is clearly a sore point. “If I had an audio, keyboard and books, two years in prison would be better,” he says.

Source: Chosun Ilbo / Picture source: Jellyfish Entertainment
Credits: Reinorakuen @ wordpress

=====================================================
All the best! haha I only remember seeing him on X-Man...and he was fun. :)

Title song from 6th album
Sung Si-Kyung - Goodbye My Love(Jun 13, 2008)

Credit: automonmon

Last edited by soyboy01 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added vid)
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :
Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service Empty Re: Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service

Post by noonoo_shoo Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:14 am

aaaaaaaw, i was actually wondering the other day if he has done his military service or not. XD Well timed article Wink

I love his voice and I cant wait to hear what he has lined up for us before he goes off to do his patriotic duty. Many well wishes to him.
noonoo_shoo
noonoo_shoo
SYP Writer
SYP Writer

Number of posts : 557
Warning :
Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service Empty Re: Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service

Post by tashaeliyana95 Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:43 am

owh~he's going to military~
i know him from X-man & YSMM too~hehe..
I think he has a great voice~
hope he doing well~ Sung Si-kyung Bids Farewell to Fans Before Military service 56561
tashaeliyana95
tashaeliyana95
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 15
Location : my own world where b*tches don't exists~muahahahha*i'm evil*
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:35 pm

See you in 2 years!
But dont grow muscles! It wont fit your soft image!!
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by rayna Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 pm

he sings so well in english~
rayna
rayna
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 366
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Peony Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:48 pm

aww! He will be missed and can't wait for his music when he returns. Good luck Sung Si Kyung!
Peony
Peony
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 302
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down