ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone

+3
yunho<33
xmizzzy
strawberrybj
7 posters

Go down

Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Empty Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone

Post by strawberrybj Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:01 am

8-year best friend G-Dragon's strong support... Seungri is intentionally envious of me
Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Ty10

source; hankooki.com
English translation by; bigbangnyuh @ http://taeyang-city.co.nr
Do not remove or add onto credits.

Male group Big Bang's Taeyang started shooting radiant rays of light like his name.

Out of the Big Bang members, Taeyang is the first to release a recent solo album <Hot> and begin his activities. While the group members actively participate in individual activities, Big Bang is revered as the most popular idol group presently and attracts a lot of attention.

Taeyang, maybe because he felt that solo activity was awkward, was puzzled about what to do. However, he could not conceal his excitement because he has wanted to show his unique music color for a long time. Taeyang said, "I still don't feel it's real. I've wanted to release a solo album but I thought I was going to release it a lot later. Even though the members don't say anything, I think they intentionally envy me. Especially Seungri (laughs)."

Big Bang received loved for their dance music with an electronica feel. Their hip-hop-ish groove dissolved in their songs <Lie> and <Last Farewell> and gathered attention. Taeyang's first album gives a maximized feel that Big Bang pursues in their music. On the other hand, Taeyang said that he made an effort to make his music different than Big Bang's.

Taeyang said, "My songs' tempos are slower than Big Bang's. Alternatively, it is deeply emotional. It has a more R&B scent. This is what I've really wanted to sing. The title song 'Look Only At Me' is a song that fits in today's trend. The melody progresses with an electronic tone made with a synthesizer. The R&B groove is expressed.

Taeyang still bears the Big Bang members' support. The members appeared as cameos in the <Look Only At Me> music video. Member G-Dragon composed and wrote the lyrics to the intro <Hot>. The lyrics of <Baby I'm Sorry> is also his production.

Taeyang also revealed his special friendship with G-Dragon, whom he lived with for 8 years now in the same entertainment company. He still bears the musical support he earned from the 6 years of training together. They hold the most conversations together within the team as well. The two people recently give each other ideas on Big Bang's next album.

"Because Jiyong (G-Dragon's birth name) has a lot of desire towards music, I talk about a lot of things with him. Although we look for different things in each other, we have a lot to learn from one another. Nowadays I hope that Jiyong becomes the best producer and gives me a lot of great songs.

1TYM's Teddy and Stony Skunk's Kush helped in this album in many ways. Alongside co-producing the album, they featured in <Prayer> and <Make Love>. Moreover, it is said that YG Entertainment (a.k.a YG) Yang Hyun Suk executive's silent aid made Taeyang's heart lighter.

"He has seen me since I was very young. (Taeyang entered YG as a trainee at age 12). Usually he seems like a big brother, but at work it is hard to even talk to him. He advised and helped me a lot while I prepared for this album. Even though he doesn't tell me directly, every time I hear that he is satisfied about me I feel good."

---------------------------------
omg...how i love all my boys... <3
B to the I to the G Bang Bang!
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :
Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Empty Re: Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone

Post by xmizzzy Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:31 pm

" Even though the members don't say anything, I think they intentionally envy me. Especially Seungri (laughs)." rofl xD i happy that taeyang is getting the spotlight but i hope he still stays with big bang till the end.
xmizzzy
xmizzzy
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 160
Warning :
Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Back to top Go down

Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Empty Re: Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone

Post by yunho<33 Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:10 pm

^yahh me too. i hope he doesnt become like beyonce.
big bang isnt as good if there are only 4 members..
taeyang wouldnt be as good without the rest of them.
but he would still be good Wink

yunho<33
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 191
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MexiMami0892 Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:24 pm

mmmm yea i agree the whole destiny's child thing
yeaaa i just cant see big bang without taeyang because each member contributes to the group in their own sexy way haha
but yea im glad he's doing well
but the whole seungri being jealous of him is too funny<3
MexiMami0892
MexiMami0892
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 214
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:07 pm

Go Taeyang! <3 I hope he does stay with the group, even with his success because I love both of them~
kiki
kiki
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 313
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonninja598000 Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:34 pm

Yay! tae yang is so awesome. rawr i feel bad for Seungri. lol he'll get his chance soon enough. =P

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Deep R&B sensibility... 'Big Bang' Taeyang rises alone Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

Post by dongbin7 Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 am

YAH I LOVE BIG BANG<3!! Yeah Big Bang wouldnt be Big Bang anymore if Taeyang wasnt in it ya know? Right now Big Bang is perfect...and YG...he doesn't really tell his artists what music to make or anything...its as if he just gives them advice on whatever they are doing. I really respect him for that ^_^
dongbin7
dongbin7
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 527
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down