ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea

+11
crypticbluerose
sookyung
xmizzzy
Ochibi
firegoddess716
koreanlove21
Cutie
Jackie
tealfirestar07
rayna
soyboy01
15 posters

Go down

Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea Empty Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea

Post by soyboy01 Sat May 31, 2008 12:59 pm

Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea Jessic10

Who is Jessica H.O.?

I have no idea who this girl is……honestly. So what’s a girl to do? Like any other person that is personally hooked to a computer… I wikipedia-ed her.

Results:

Jessica Ho (born December 17, 1988, in New Jersey), artistically known as “Jessica H.O.”, is a Korean-American singer and is currently a member of Korean hip hop and R&B group Uptown. She encountered some controversy when she insulted K-pop star BoA on Myspace in the summer of 2006; although the messages were sent to personal friends, they were leaked out to various Internet forums. She is currently inactive in the Korean entertainment industry, as Uptown has gone on a hiatus as well, but is working on new material due for release in 2007. Has recently released a single in Korea in early March of 07.

Uptown

Uptown (업타운) is a South Korean hip hop and R&B group which first debuted in 1997. Uptown was first created in 1996 when the R&B and hip-hop genres of pop music were first introduced to Korea[1]. The group’s four original members included Chris Jung, Carlos Galvan, Steve Kim and Tasha Reid. The group underwent several lineup changes and then disbanded in 2000. The group made a comeback and released their new album, Testimony in May of 2006. Steve Kim, Carlos Galvan and Chris Jung returned to the group with only Tasha Reid, the only original member not in the lineup. The female spot in the group was originally given to half-Korean half-African American rapper Say. However the position eventually went to teenage artist Jessica H.o. who was featured in their new album, Testimony.

After listening to UpTown songs and some of her singles, she seems to be very talented and like her tonality of her voice. Did I care for the booty shaking in the live performance of Uptown’s “My Style”? Not really. She seems still young to be clubbing and drinking up in NYC.

I’m not really sure about all this controversy with Tiffany [SNSD] with her facebook or myspace comments. All I can say is, 1) she really needs to lose the clown makeup and the spray on tan, [Ive seen some happy orange people around Cali - and it's not cute] 2) she has a good voice but something about her [either when she performs or in her PVs] that ticks me off. - I, honestly, think there is something in her attitude when magnified on big screen can be seen undoubtly.

She has a good voice but bashing some of KPOP’s beloved stars is not going to win her any kudo points.

-goodvibe
http://goodvibe.wordpress.com/

Jessica HO and UPtown in "My Style":

It also seems like she also debuted as a solo artist 'Jessica HO' with her single "Get Up":

This was when Jessica HO was actually cute...with a relatively nice voice:

She was also featured in Mina's "Look"

Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea Jessic12

She seems to be quite close to another failed Kpop artist, MINA.

Shim Mina’s fashion line, Ta-Mina, has been keeping this hot 35-year-old singer/designer/model very, very busy. Aside from her fashion line, Mina’s last music work was in London with Eagle E with the track “Belly Dancer.”

Mina and Jessica H.O. have been gal pals since Jessica took the stage to rap on Mina’s single “Look”. Although Jessica is only 17, she looks a lot older then her age and somewhat cocky. Mina, on the other hand, seems to defy aging. You might think that Mina is a little older then Jessica because Jessica still has baby fat on her; but NOT that much older.

To check out her fashion line: www.ta-mina.com

Credit: http://goodvibe.wordpress.com/

Source: goodvibe.wordpress, Youtube
Credit: soyboy
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea Empty Re: Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea

Post by rayna Sat May 31, 2008 2:08 pm

Jessica's older now isnt's she?? like 18-19 ish?? maybe even over 20??

i remember that scandal, pathetic
she has a nice voice, but that's just sad
with an attitude like that no one's gonna work with her
and what's with the name Jessica "H.O" ??? she's doing that on purpose!
rayna
rayna
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 366
Warning :
Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea Empty Re: Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea

Post by tealfirestar07 Sat May 31, 2008 3:31 pm

rofl. i agree. she needs to lose that tan and grow back her natural brows...she looks like a cracked out version of BoA Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea 364153
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1851
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackie Sat May 31, 2008 6:44 pm

I liked Jessica Ho's single "get up" but at the same time she was trying to do the cutesy thing and it was so forced and obviously not her
so now she just skanks it up...
I think she coulda made it a lot farther had she not been trying to push the sexy hood image at such a young age and had she kept her mouth shut from time to time... Cuz honestly, reading alot of her comments on line... just stupidity comes out of it!
She's her own worst enemey... Oh well, still wish her the best in the future... I hope she matures too and remakes herself, it would be best for her career.

Jackie
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 42
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Sat May 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Get a load of this: Jessica HO was a 'failed' singer in Korea 401408 .... Jessico Ho in pink!
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by koreanlove21 Sat May 31, 2008 9:06 pm

hahaha ouch. sucks to be her. =]
koreanlove21
koreanlove21
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by firegoddess716 Sat May 31, 2008 10:27 pm

well
she looks pretty nice
but i agree,
she needs to lose the makeup
its sorta ticking me off
firegoddess716
firegoddess716
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 479
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochibi Sat May 31, 2008 10:55 pm

Even is she IS 20, she's still not legal enough to drink

Jessica Ho..is a ho..
Ochibi
Ochibi
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 621
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tealfirestar07 Sat May 31, 2008 10:58 pm

^ pfft, age doesn't matter in NY or LA.
tealfirestar07
tealfirestar07
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1851
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by xmizzzy Sat May 31, 2008 11:01 pm

she has a descent voice, too bad her attitude sucks though. she probably just lives her life in vain, bitterness, and jealousy now because she's not as succesful as the people she talks smack about.
xmizzzy
xmizzzy
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 160
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sookyung Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:48 am

lol.. she don't need another round of media attention, does she?
sookyung
sookyung
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 21
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-27

http://www.sookyung.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crypticbluerose Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:27 am

Yeah, I didn't really know who she was until like a week ago, myself haha, I thought her voice is actually pretty good, but Im not fond of her attitude.
she ain't quite 20 yethaha
crypticbluerose
crypticbluerose
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-28

http://www.myspace.com/animebluerose14

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:43 pm

i have heard of her be4 like 2 years ago but she's nothing special~
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by xmzchristina Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:31 pm

i give her props for actually being able to break into the kpop scene but.. i've never seen anyone disappear that fast.

xmzchristina
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 13
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by princessjanny Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:10 pm

i didn't even know she existed until i found out about the whole BoA ordeal a little while back. she could've been big in my opinion, but her trashy mouth and her trashy clubbing style isn't going to get her anywhere
princessjanny
princessjanny
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 55
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikaru Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 pm

LOL...
to me...just based on her dressings and stuffs...
i dun really like her tho...
anyway...wish her luck man..wif the media
thanks!
Ikaru
Ikaru
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 283
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down