ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave

4 posters

Go down

S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Empty S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave

Post by RiceRiceBaby Sat May 23, 2009 1:57 pm

S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave 2009022512510043182_130203_0

Extracts from the article:

Be it politics or pop, country wants to play a bigger role in the region.

South Korea is looking to boost its prescence in the region and exploring more ways to strengthen relations with ASEAN, whether is it in bond markets, trade – or pop stars.

At the ground level, it is called the ‘Korean wave’ – an incoming tide of Korean drama, Korean pop and Korean culture that has swept into the region.

Yesterday, South Korean President Lee Myung Bak related the account of a Cambodian minister who had visited him.
“They (Cambodians) don’t know me,” The minister told Mr Lee, “But they know the names of all the Korean actors.”

Meanwhile, the push for the Korean Wave to hit more shores goes on.

Members of teenybopper pop bands Super Junior and Girls’ Generation told reporters that they were ready to take on the challenge of breaking language barriers in reaching out to ASEAN audiences.

Both groups have put up concerts in several countries in the ASEAN region, captivating young listeners with their exuberance, energetic dance steps and cutesy doe-eyed looks.

Said Lee Teuk, 25, leader of the 13-member boy band Super Junior: “When we have concerts in other countries, we try to learn their language. It’s not impossible to overcome the language barrier.”

Added Girls’ Generation member Tiffany, 19:”We are here to promote music and music is universally felt by everybody, so i think it is okay as long as we sing with our hearts.”
—————————————————————————————————–

Source: The Straits Times Newspaper (Singapore)
Photos and summary: –dreamx @ sj-world.net

Sources credits:snsdkorean.wordpress.com

ASEAN=Association of South East Asian Nations

LOL! My fellow Cambodians don't know South Korean President Lee Myung Bak, but can name the names of Korean actors. Heh, I 'm Cambodian-American and I know the name of the S.Korean President, but can't name many Korean actors! LOL!

I think it's a good thing that they're doing.
RiceRiceBaby
RiceRiceBaby
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 598
Warning :
S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Empty Re: S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave

Post by lil_miss94 Sat May 23, 2009 9:22 pm

wht's ASEAN?

omg.
<<getting jealous of snsd>>
lil_miss94
lil_miss94
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 239
Warning :
S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Empty Re: S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave

Post by toocutedoggy Sat May 23, 2009 10:48 pm

damn~ ... Stephen Harper should do these kind of DEAL too ....ROFL ....

so they can promote here ....XDXD

now i am jealous~
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :
S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kpopchick89 Sun May 24, 2009 8:36 pm

hahaha sungmin looks like a pimp....and so does kyuhun *0*
Kpopchick89
Kpopchick89
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 52
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RiceRiceBaby Wed May 27, 2009 5:07 pm

lil_miss94 wrote:wht's ASEAN?

omg.
<<getting jealous of snsd>>

I guess you didn't read what I wrote:

ASEAN=Association of South East Asian Nations
RiceRiceBaby
RiceRiceBaby
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 598
Warning :
S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100S. Korea seeks to boost ties with ASEAN, The Korean Wave Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down