ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Se7en's ready for Washington!

+4
OBSESSION_XIAH
Sweet Pink
Teeenarh
bablvsm
8 posters

Go down

Se7en's ready for Washington! Empty Se7en's ready for Washington!

Post by bablvsm Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:07 pm

Se7en's ready for Washington! Se7en_10

Fans swarmed the Korean pop star's show in California. And now, Choi Dong Wook, known as Se7en, will take on Washington.

"Nobody hates the number 7," Se7en said about his favorite number. "I want to be everyone's luck. I want to give them luck from my music."

The 25-year-old has won nine Korean Music Awards (equivalent to Grammys), as well as Most Popular Korean Singer (MTV Asia Awards). In addition, he's sold out shows in both South Korea and Japan, in arenas that sit 20,000. And after four albums in South Korea and two albums in Japan, he's ready for the states.

"My music is pop and R&B, so the music that I love is born here, in America," said Se7en, who has been singing since age 5. "In Asia, every singer, their best dream is America."

Se7en is coming to Washington for the first time this week, performing in Seattle at Fremont Studios Saturday and signing autographs in Federal Way on Sunday. After more than 3,000 people showed up for his Highlands Night Club concert last May in Hollywood, who knows how many Seattle-area fans will turn out? More than 1,000 queued up for San Francisco and Orange County signings, arriving as early as 7 a.m. for autograph sessions that started at 2 in the afternoon.

"It's really like, so special, that I'm here in America, not Asia, but still people know me and people are supporting me," said Se7en. "That kind of thing is really like an honor, and I'm so thankful about that."

With hip-hop-flavored dancing skills, an R&B taste and Michael Jackson-inspired clothes, Se7en is like a pop-ier Justin Timberlake. Over the past year and a half, Se7en has settled in Los Angeles, working on a self-produced American debut album all in English, set for release in February.

"It was pretty hard. I'm still working on my English," said Se7en, who describes himself as a hardworking, happy person.

The singer has a hit-making team that includes Grammy Award-winning producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins (who has worked with pop stars like Beyoncé, Ludacris and Michael Jackson) and Noize Trip (who produced Fergie and Pink). They created a hip-hop-funk-R&B album, with Se7en collaborating with such rappers as Fabolous and Three 6 Mafia. And Se7en's first single, set for release next month, is with Lil' Kim.

"I want to show them something from Asian culture, something fresh, something new," said Se7en. "Me and Lil' Kim come together — isn't it kind of fresh?"

He is looking for an American major label to work with, and if successful, he could be the first Korean artist of his caliber to break into this market.

"Music is just music — music is universal," said Se7en. "I don't think it matters where I'm from. It doesn't matter my face color. ... I want to show them just my music, then my singing, my dancing, my performing — that's the point."

source: asianbite
credit: Seattle Times
bablvsm
bablvsm
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 54
Warning :
Se7en's ready for Washington! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Se7en's ready for Washington! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Se7en's ready for Washington! Empty Re: Se7en's ready for Washington!

Post by Teeenarh Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:26 pm

woo~ i cant wait for his album to come out!
wow isnt he lucky to work with famous people.
Does that mean he`s going to battle against boa since she`s also have an album next year?
Teeenarh
Teeenarh
SYP Graphics Artist
SYP Graphics Artist

Number of posts : 431
Warning :
Se7en's ready for Washington! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Se7en's ready for Washington! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pink Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:16 am

Good luck!
Sweet Pink
Sweet Pink
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 713
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by OBSESSION_XIAH Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:00 pm

oh...
best wishes for him~
OBSESSION_XIAH
OBSESSION_XIAH
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 64
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonninja598000 Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:27 am

good luck i hope he does well.

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
Se7en's ready for Washington! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Se7en's ready for Washington! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

Post by RiceRiceBaby Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:18 pm

I don't know....Britney Spears JUST came back. She's the biggest pop star in the world. I don't know, maybe Lil' Kim will help boost his popularity. Though, I don't really care about her. Anyways, good luck Se7en. You'll need it.
RiceRiceBaby
RiceRiceBaby
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 598
Warning :
Se7en's ready for Washington! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Se7en's ready for Washington! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by steph Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:07 am

finally some news bout him..i hope this is real coz da fans have been waiting for so long..anyway cant wait to hear more from him
steph
steph
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RiceRiceBaby Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:08 pm

On second thought.....Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, DID help Britney Spears with her latest hit album. So, Se7en has a chance.
RiceRiceBaby
RiceRiceBaby
SYP Candle Queen
SYP Candle Queen

Number of posts : 598
Warning :
Se7en's ready for Washington! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Se7en's ready for Washington! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jiyong Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:56 am

huhu..
sorry..i'm not interested with him..
jiyong
jiyong
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 93

Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down