I proclaim 7/27/08 as Fly to The Sky Day!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I proclaim 7/27/08 as Fly to The Sky Day!

Post by lychee on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:14 am

Brian Joo's wanna-be Justin Timberlake persona and along with Hwanhee representing the masterpiece of Korean plastic surgery has enticed the Mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newson . He declared July 27, 2008 as Fly To The Sky day. No this is not a joke. Yes, as your doubting my information. I even flew a kite in honor of this day. I watched my kite fly to the sky. Haha, pardon my pun but I really did fly a kite. Well I will always remember this day as my How to be a Kpop Groupie Day.

Tips on how to be a kpop groupie and some 411 on the concert.

1) Korean concerts are never held where they are suppose to be.
Some sources said Fly To The Sky's concert was going to be at San Francisco. Last time I checked Hayward was a different city and there is a major difference of 1 hr drive from SF-Hayward. I think that it was going to be at San Francisco but FTTS decided a small school theater to munch more money off of us, nah JK.

2) Small theater is a plus for a concert
I got a good view of FTTS since the theater was so small. It was GREAT! I think if I went to their korean concert, I wouldn't be able to see them that close for $80. There is also less people of course compared to big theaters. The theater was just like your average high school auditorium where students hold like Christmas plays for their parents to watch sort of thing. They had an upper level which basically was the cheapest ticket but NO NO for FTTS fans. You were the farthest away from them. Yes, you want to sit at least on the lower level where you can goggle at Hwanhee shirtless in one of the performances. Oops did I mention that yet?

3) Buy tickets according to all your criteria, not solely on the price
If you flew in from another state or country, of course buy the most expensive. YOU DESERVE IT! You might get a handshake or a hug. One girl was hugged by Brian because she brought a sign "Hug me". That lucky *beep*. Oops. But she did pay $100 for it.

I was seated in the middle but it was still pretty close because the theater was small. I bought the $80 because it was mostly the middle seats and not as expensive. Also, I live only 20 min. away and FTTS is not my no. #1 group.

Buy them early but my friend got a gold ticket at the last min. I have no idea how. Also, stuck in the back row? Americans don't really care about Kpop concerts so you can run up to the stage later on. I did it twice for Se7en and FTTS. Wait for the opportunity.

4) Always Follow the crowd
Don't know where the theater is? Follow the asian girls walking. Hear screams? Follow the voice, it might mean FTTS is there. Be alert!! BE VERY ALERT! Look around a lot. See if there are any stickers, posters, glowsticks that people are holding. I missed out on a couple of FTTS stickers because I didn't see them on the table. I almost didn't get a special glowstick too.

5) Never listen to the security
"No cameras". "Go back to your seats". "No recording". I recorded three songs and a talk. I only stopped because my battery was low. Always charge your battery btw. The security was very light. Also if you come with a group of friends. Take turns recording. We recorded the same stuff and it was a waste. We should have done like 3 songs each cuz all our cameras were running low on memory/battery. But eventually they did tell us to stop recording but pictures were allowed.

6) Don't pick favorites, Choose them BOTH.
I loved both of them even though I'm a more Brian Joo fan.
Anyways, Brian was the cheery fun hot bilingual Korean ABC. He made a lot of jokes. He was like "Unlike Hwanhee I don't take off my shirt in public. If you really want to see me shirtless, you'll have to take me home" , "My butt looks big on screen" or teasing the audience and asking them questions like "You want to hug me?", "What? You want my water?" (cuz one girl shouted she want his water). He also threw his cap onto the stage. Hwanhee threw a towel.

Hwanhee was more quiet. But he was very brave to take off his shirt at one of his performance. He ripped it off like "ROAR I"m a beast!" lol. Yeah, a sexy korean beast! He didn't really make any jokes and such. He seemed more like a shy, timid Korean fob who is nice and hot. Cuz they dimmed the lights when he took off his shirt and it was only for a few secs. Unlike, you know RAIN who freaking is nude for like the whole song. Hwanhee is like the freak behind doors. *achem* random taking off shirt... But I could be wrong.

7) Yes, Koreans are hot, Hot,HOt, HOT!!!!!! and all of them can sing and dance.
Basically I'll summarize the concert in this topic. They performed 3 songs. I don't remember which ones, I was mesmerized by their hotness. Then Brian of course gave a little intro in English like thank you for coming and yada yada. Hwanhee said his in korean for the ajummas in the audience. There was a lot of ajummas actually and guy fans. I have to say Hwanhee's hair is sooo nice, it's like japanese style and he lost A LOT of weight from his 1st album. A LOT!!! In a way, I can tell he is plastic, mostly his nose. It looks fake and stuff. They have very clear skin, no pimples, and buff bodies. Then changed outfits. Mostly formal wear. Brian mostly wore black/red colors. Hwanhee wore white. Brian did his solo with an English song. Then some group songs. Hwanhee did his English and Korean song.

Then Intermission. I don't remember when this happened but the mayor came and gave them the plaque to announce Fly To The Sky day and explained it to the audience. Some songs. They chose 5 random people by their ticket number to go on stage and get an autograph poster. They signed it on stage also. Mostly Brian talked to the fans but Hwanhee did talk to the korean fans. The fans also get a hug, handshake, or whatever. One girl asked to put her face onto their face to make a couple look. Brian did it but Hwanhee refused. Hwanhee just shook her hand. He is so shy or cuz he had plastic surgery so.. I dunno.

8) The concert is never over until people start walking out.
At the end, FTTS tricked us. Then they said goodbye with "Goodbye" song. Then fool everyone that the concert was over. Came back out again to perform Skater Boy and three more upbeat songs. This was when everyone ran up to stage and some white security guy was like "GO BACK TO YOUR SEATS" Wohahahha they underestimate us asian girls. Some did go back but Yeah the security gave up. It was so crowded up front my friend almost fell over cuz she stood on the seat. Then they said thank you at the end. I like how Hwanhee said that he knows its hard to non-Koreans to like their music so he really appreciate us for coming.

To be edited and upated later with pics.

lychee

Back to top Go down

Re: I proclaim 7/27/08 as Fly to The Sky Day!

Post by soyboy01 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:44 pm

a little prickly at some parts (esp. the beginning)....but engaging and easy to follow...looking forward to the final draft

Avatar from nirnaeth of Epik High Livejournal
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cjlatina on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:02 pm

In this forum there is a section called "Instructions" and in there are; are instructions on how to add videos and pictures to your post.

Also I understand what you mean with name of the location.......when ever something is held in Oakland they tend to say San Francisco area.

I like the 411 groupie guide it's funny. I personally would like to see more of an insight into the concert...u know let us readers have more of a feel of what the concert was all about. Like ummmm...... can you give us a list of songs that were performed and you can talk about some of the performances, if there were any games played and give us some description of that, any prize give-away to the lucky few, and other things that had to do with the concert.

Here is a fan account that another SYP reader did for FTTS Hawaii concert........now you don't have to do what she did, but talk a little bit more about the concert. http://shenyuepop.com/category/fly-to-the-sky/page/2/ (the fan account in the yellow square)

Don't delete what you already have because that can be a funny little guide for us kpop fans that can go along with your account of the concert.

I wish that I could have gone to the Hayward concert, but nope I had to work.....lucky me HUH. hahahah

Last edited by cjlatina on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:32 pm; edited 5 times in total

Admin

Number of posts : 417
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:07 pm

lol. Thanks for sharing this!

I cant believe 07/27/08 was FTTS day XD
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

View user profile http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by laichee on Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm

Aigoo.. That is a problem. I wasn't paying attention to the songs they were singing.. ><. I just kept staring at them and having a fun time. And I don't exactly remember when they did everything. I'll ask my friend later. But no they didn't have any games. Just giving away the signed poster and the mayor giving them a plaque on stage. I kinda wasn't expecting to like report for the concert so I didn't pay close attention lol.

Um.. oops I logged in as guest.. can't edit .. can u fix that? or u can edit it for me

Umm there are songs listed on the pamphlet but it's not in order.
*My Angel
*Be With You
*You Don't Know (Goodbye)
*Starts from the End of the World
*Don't Go
*All I Know
*Man 2 Man
*Like a Man 2
*Let's Get it On
*The Girl is Mine
*You Don't Know (Goodbye)
*My Never Ending Story
*Grabbing at the End of the Night
*Super Star
*Talk in Drunk
*Condition of my Heart
*Missing You
*Sea of Love (Remix)
*Sk8ter Boi

laichee

Number of posts : 3
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cjlatina on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:38 pm

It's ok. Just add that list to your first post and the pics & videos to it also.

Thanks

Admin

Number of posts : 417
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:31 am

I wonder if we can get permission from kpoplover4ever.....this person has really nice pics....and the Newsom's proclamation - I thought it was a joke!

Here's the link:
http://kpoplover4ever.wordpress.com/2008/07/28/ftts-concert-in-la-sf/#comment-2951

Avatar from nirnaeth of Epik High Livejournal
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum