ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out!

+12
strawberrybj
steph
hZKitty
medirin
toocutedoggy
Hannie*Saru
LinaBeanAbear12
p00p
Cutie
janeberryblue
akirou
soyboy01
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Empty Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out!

Post by soyboy01 Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:58 pm

hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Candym10

Lee Hyori is walking the fine line of plagiarism with her new MV for "U Go Girl." There are 2-3 scenes in the MV that have a striking resemblance with Christina Aguilera's hit song "Candy Man" and netizens are crying foul. But the producer thinks otherwise, posing a risque question of whether 2-3 similar scenes could be considered plagiarism. I don't know, Mr. PD, you should have thought of that before instead of leaving Lee Hyori to defend herself that she's not a cheap knock-off. But one thing is for sure, Lee Hyori's song 'U Go Girl' is ORIGINAL.

hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Candym11

I hope this doesn't get blown out of proportions before the real MV is released. Lee Hyori has also been called a copy-cat for following Amy Winehouse's crack concept and for her last MV "10 minutes", where many netizens noticed that it resembled Jennifer Lopez's "I'm Real".

hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Lee_hy12

On a brighter note, Lee Hyori has stepped up her game! Her entire album is finally out thanks to euraznjae on youtube. Check it out here>>> http://fr.youtube.com/user/euraznjae. There are 3 noticeable songs: 1)이발소 집 딸 (Barber's daughter) - a personal, uplifting song of her childhood and family; she also visited her dad's old barbershop on "Lee Hyori: Off the Record" to get inspiration for this song, 2) 사진첩 (Photobook) - a jazzy, bluesy, all-around sassy song, 3) Sexyboy - features Wheesung, who shows off his amazing voice once again after a successful recovery, 4) Unusual (ft. Seo Jung Hwan) - Youtubers are pointing out that the song is exactly like Timbaland's song "Give it to Me" (ft. Nelly and Justin Timberlake).

Source: Naver, euraznjae
Credit: soyboy
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :
hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Empty Re: Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out!

Post by akirou Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:10 pm

whoa, thats pretty crazy ahha candyman oh geez ahha

akirou
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 63
Warning :
hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://kjpop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Empty Re: Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out!

Post by janeberryblue Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:19 pm

gosh oh gosh-- she is ALWAYS caught up in plagiarism scandals.
i'd be surprised if this isn't found out. britney's people tracked her down quite quickly. it would suck if this MV was pulled off air before it can be seen in its entirety!!!

because hyori is hot stuff and i wanna see T___T

janeberryblue
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 17
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Cutie Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:48 pm

Hyori is always on the news >.<

^yeah, hopefully the mv wont be banned... I wanna see it.. still -_-"
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

Post by p00p Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:23 pm

Who hasn't she copied?
p00p
p00p
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 229
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by LinaBeanAbear12 Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:55 pm

-Edited by moderator-
Please tone down with your F words.

LinaBeanAbear12
BANNED!
BANNED!

Number of posts : 78
Warning :
hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannie*Saru Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 pm

*sigh* This is what I was talking about. It was most likely Hyori's producer who made the songs and whatever and I'm sure she didn't shoot her own video. I think the music video director and the album producer should be blamed instead of Hyori herself -_-
Hannie*Saru
Hannie*Saru
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 195
Location : Ca.T.El Land .:.The land of Red mountains, Sapphire Blue waters and Emerald Green grass.:.
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://hannie-rabu.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:18 pm

hai~ here we go again

but showed us the MV first!
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LinaBeanAbear12 Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:25 pm

Hannie*Saru wrote:*sigh* This is what I was talking about. It was most likely Hyori's producer who made the songs and whatever and I'm sure she didn't shoot her own video. I think the music video director and the album producer should be blamed instead of Hyori herself -_-

Righttt...The highest paid "singer" in Korea can't put her foot down even when the WHORE has every station and company kissing her ass because they know Hyori = money?

-Edited by moderator-

seriously this is getting retarded. I hope christina's company finds this out quick enough. I'm gonna be emailing the link to her MV with all my friends hoping this bitch gets another ass kicking by the US courts.

LinaBeanAbear12
BANNED!
BANNED!

Warning :
hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by medirin Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:33 pm

WOW that song sounds a lot~ like Timbaland's "Give It to Me" - the beat does, not the actual song - because I actually like "Give It to Me" and Hyori couldn't save her song even with Timbaland's hot beat. And this new concept for her new album had Christina Aguilera's "Back to Basics" concept all over it. Nothing wrong with trying to emulate another artist - I think it's kind of flattering - but she - or her people, whoever - should at least be up front about it! >.<

With that said - I think Uhm Jung Hwa is winning this comeback battle. Her album was hawt!! ^_^

medirin
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 22
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LinaBeanAbear12 Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:37 pm

It's not flattering at all actually, it's digusting. lol this whole trend of copying US stars is pathetic, it just furthers the idea that us asian are so narrow minded that all we're good at is TAKING ideas and creating them or re-creating them instead of creating anything original. (example :: cars, shoes, pretty much everything made in Asia but thought of in the US. lol) seriously, it's pathetic and shameful.

LinaBeanAbear12
BANNED!
BANNED!

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by p00p Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:05 am

^Get over it. If you're so tired of it, why don't you try to make a difference?
p00p
p00p
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 229
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by soyboy01 Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:39 am

^ tone down the vulgarities and try to make some sense Linabean because quite frankly, not "everything" is thought of in the US. By the way, fashion comes from France or from the streets (meaning anywhere). And in a capitalist economy, the origin of the idea doesn't matter; what matters is who makes a better product. But I have to agree that Hyori's plagiarism is distasteful. Let's just trust Mr. PD whose on the defense and wait till the MV comes out to judge. Don't you think it's a bit early to be making assumptions?
soyboy01
soyboy01
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 889
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by LinaBeanAbear12 Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:26 am

I never said everything was though of in the US. lol I'm saying everything that comes from Hyori and Korea's pop and "r&b" and pathetic hiphop scene wasn't started in Korea. lol disco is not Korean, Hip hop is certainly not korean, lol. and neither is R&B =)

For a country that people think hates black people they sure have ripped styles made popular by mostly african americans haha.

And we all know Hyori's 'fashion' is americanized, hiphop style didn't start in Paris. lol

And no, this is Hyori we're talking about. assumption doesn't exist when you can pretty much predict her every move.

Mr.BIG. U go girl? umm yah..seems like she's ripping the 'back to basics' feel that C.A. recently had. too bad she can't steal her amazing voice huh. lol pathetic.

LinaBeanAbear12
BANNED!
BANNED!

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by hZKitty Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:27 am

can't she be original for once at least??? God... it's annoying !!
hZKitty
hZKitty
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 351
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://hellozkitty.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LinaBeanAbear12 Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:29 am

p00p wrote:^Get over it. If you're so tired of it, why don't you try to make a difference?

It's not my job to make a difference, this is the internet and I can say anything I want as much as I want to. The US court system will be making a difference once hyori's ent. company gets slapped with yet another law suit. lol

Plus it's not like hyori or ANY korean singer will EVER be an international star until they figure out the meaning of ORIGINAL. So the law suit will just be to keep her in check I suppose. lol

-Edit by Admin-

LinaBeanAbear12
BANNED!
BANNED!

Warning :

Back to top Go down

hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! Empty hater

Post by takiko22 Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:54 am

LinaBeanAbear12: You're such a hater, you know that?
Music is not something that anybody can copy. It's just something that comes naturally

takiko22

Back to top Go down

Post by LinaBeanAbear12 Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:03 am

ROFL!

Are you on crack?

1. It's clear Hyori is copying the Back to basics style and type of songs along with one of Christina's video.

2. The Mr. Big title and a few others give that impression, including the song.

3. Yeah you're right, this no talent whore could never copy christinas amazing voice, she can try to copy her style and B.T.B feel though, thank god the whore will never be world famous. keep her no talent ass in Asia along with their pathetic boybands who wish they were chris brown, then the otheres that wish they were NTL and the backstreet boys, lol.

4. If Hyori hadn't copied the video of christinas, the album wouldn't give the whole wannabe B.T.B feel, but since the video is there to back that claim up, it's obvious.

5. She doesn't write her music, it's not fucking natural. stfu. lol you morons on here crack me up going on and on about fucking SNSD yet you bastards think this itaewon looking walking STD is some original, deep fucking song writer, wtf. LOL

Hyori should be dragged on the back of a pick up truck by her neck.

Korea sucks at original ideas I guess. lol

LinaBeanAbear12
BANNED!
BANNED!

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by steph Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:10 am

lol..she soon gonna be da plagiarize queen in korea..well, i would still interested to watch the whole mv and of coz the performance of this song
steph
steph
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 193
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by LinaBeanAbear12 Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:16 am

She already is the plagiarize queen. lmao..It would be one thing if whore-ri knew how to sing but damn she can't even copy someone and do justice to the song or style she copied, she just looks like a flat ass, fake tit flat face whore who can't sing and is trying to look 'gangsta' half the time, lol.

LinaBeanAbear12
BANNED!
BANNED!

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:20 am

LinaBeanAbear12 wrote:ROFL!

Are you on crack?

1. It's clear Hyori is copying the Back to basics style and type of songs along with one of Christina's video.

2. The Mr. Big title and a few others give that impression, including the song.

3. Yeah you're right, this no talent whore could never copy christinas amazing voice, she can try to copy her style and B.T.B feel though, thank god the whore will never be world famous. keep her no talent ass in Asia along with their pathetic boybands who wish they were chris brown, then the otheres that wish they were NTL and the backstreet boys, lol.

4. If Hyori hadn't copied the video of christinas, the album wouldn't give the whole wannabe B.T.B feel, but since the video is there to back that claim up, it's obvious.

5. She doesn't write her music, it's not fucking natural. stfu. lol you morons on here crack me up going on and on about fucking SNSD yet you bastards think this itaewon looking walking STD is some original, deep fucking song writer, wtf. LOL

Hyori should be dragged on the back of a pick up truck by her neck.

Korea sucks at original ideas I guess. lol

Seriously, if Korea sucks at original ideas, why are you still here at the Korean Entertainment site?
Stop with the hating, even some of the American artists are not that original to begin with.
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LinaBeanAbear12 Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:30 am

I'm Korean you fucking retard. I can be here, but from the loooks of this site and peoples lack of understanding Korean it seems theres alot of NON-Koreans so why don't you shut up or get the fuck out. lol.

Korea does lack un-original ideas. It's plain and simple, this is why they aren't able to INVENT anything new in any area lol, they simply make shit others think of. And now this takes over the music scene, just steal ideas and others styles. lol it's shameful.

Some american artist are not original, that's true. But MOST Korean 'artist' are not original. Basically 90% of their artist. lol the original ones are the talented, but less attractive, underrated singers. Not the faggot ass boybands like DBSG and suju or the dumbass female groups like jewelry and snsd lmao

LinaBeanAbear12
BANNED!
BANNED!

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by so-fly Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:47 am

LinaBeanAbear12 wrote:I'm Korean you fucking retard. I can be here, but from the loooks of this site and peoples lack of understanding Korean it seems theres alot of NON-Koreans so why don't you shut up or get the fuck out. lol.

Korea does lack un-original ideas. It's plain and simple, this is why they aren't able to INVENT anything new in any area lol, they simply make shit others think of. And now this takes over the music scene, just steal ideas and others styles. lol it's shameful.

Some american artist are not original, that's true. But MOST Korean 'artist' are not original. Basically 90% of their artist. lol the original ones are the talented, but less attractive, underrated singers. Not the faggot ass boybands like DBSG and suju or the dumbass female groups like jewelry and snsd lmao

who cares if ur korean if u have no manners at all. lol
so-fly
so-fly
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 19
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrybj Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:53 am

LinaBeanAbear12 wrote:I'm Korean you fucking retard. I can be here, but from the loooks of this site and peoples lack of understanding Korean it seems theres alot of NON-Koreans so why don't you shut up or get the fuck out. lol.

Orang Korea bodoh.
strawberrybj
strawberrybj

Number of posts : 1293
Warning :

http://teruterubozu13.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nata3105 Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:10 am

strawberrybj wrote:
Orang Korea bodoh.

ROFL...... hyori - Lee Hyori - plagiarizing Candy Man, entire album out! 953737 you crack me with this one...... i guess she wouldnt understand this.... LOL....

LinaBeanAbear12: please dont be so mean.... even if you're indeed a korean, you dont have to know K-pop industry right???? that what i do actually.... my country entertainment world dont attract me.... so i dont bother to look for it..... and it seems you like US ent. industry so much.... if so, why dont you browse those kind of things????
nata3105
nata3105

Number of posts : 254
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next