ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good?

+3
Tangera
p00p
Cutie
7 posters

Go down

girls - Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good? Empty Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good?

Post by Cutie Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:43 pm

girls - Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good? Wg12

With “So Hot” still enjoying immense popularity now, a follow-up single is already on the cards? Even being too popular doesn’t really seem to be a good thing for the Wonder Girls. At the same time as “So Hot” is enjoying popularity with everyone, the Wonder Girls are burdened by the beautiful dilemma and pressure of having a successful follow-up single in the near future.

Just like it’s name “So Hot”, it has swiftly strike a rapport with everyone, just one week into it’s comeback, it had already grab the #1 spot in the various gayo shows. It was first on KBS Music Bank for four consecutive weeks and was Mutizen winner on SBS Inkigayo for three straight weeks (maximum is 3).

Because of it’s continued dominance on the charts, the tv stations (KBS and SBS) felt sorry for the other singers because they would have to keep giving the #1 trophy to the Wonder Girls if they continue to promote “So Hot”. There are thus many questions about the Wonder Girls follow-up single.

According to one PD, “We never would have predicted how popular this song (So Hot) would become, we were flustered seeing it’s success.”

Following the success of “Tell Me” last year, the Wonder Girls had prepared for their comeback this year with their “So Hot” mini album for quite some time. Besides “So Hot”, it also included a ballad track “This Time” and dance track “You’re Out”. “This Time” which was performed concurrently with “So Hot” during their comeback stages proved to be very popular with their fans. They had considered using this as their follow-up single but decided to give it up after considering that it didn’t go well with their overall image concept.

In it’s place, they have decided to use the remix version of “So Hot” as their follow-up for the time being while preparing for their new album! Their second album is expected to be out in late September and carry on the momentum.

According to JYP Entertainment, “We haven’t decided on the concept of the new album. Just like how Wonder Girls has always been setting the latest trends, we intend to prepare for this in earnest to repay the fans anticipation for it.”

Credit: http://wondergirls.wordpress.com/

-asianfanatics.net
Cutie
Cutie
Friends Of SYP!
Friends Of SYP!

Number of posts : 1650
Warning :
girls - Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100girls - Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Lakeu

Back to top Go down

girls - Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good? Empty Re: Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good?

Post by p00p Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Their next concept should be taking a rest.
p00p
p00p
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 229
Warning :
girls - Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100girls - Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

girls - Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good? Empty Re: Wonder Girls Too Popular for their Own Good?

Post by Tangera Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 pm

haha....oh p00p you are "knight" too? XD

JYP must be under lots of pressure to compose catchy songs for them again. XD Anyway, good luck to them, and hope they take care of themselves!
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by princessjanny Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:00 pm

JYP really knows how to grab catchy tunes.
i love the wondergirls.
i hope they maintain their popularity
princessjanny
princessjanny
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 55
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by xjjjLOVE Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:34 pm

well I guess so but thinking about it
they have REALLY good songs that JYP himself writes
so if they all continue the good work I think they will keep succeeding
if they fail once in a while oh well
they've already given us so many great songs >.<!
xjjjLOVE
xjjjLOVE
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 427
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LinaSwee Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:57 pm

I feel JYP might be worried now, and that maybe certain other companies are plaining to screw my girls over because their OLD HAG artist are making comebacks, I wouldnt be shocked if those certain companies called up their award show ass kissers to downplay WG's a bit.

Anyways JYP might be putting WG's album into anothers hands because he has the boy group to work with and all, I think WG's is ready =D and JYP can still have alot of say but he cant just focus only on them sadly. Sad

LinaSwee

Back to top Go down

Post by toocutedoggy Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:00 pm

yeah, new album <3 <3
toocutedoggy
toocutedoggy
SYP SuperFan
SYP SuperFan

Number of posts : 2184
Warning :

http://www.xanga.com/toocutedoggy

Back to top Go down

Post by koreanlove21 Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:59 pm

But think of this though, at least they are being recognized and becoming popular for a good reason. Their talent and songs. i just congratulate them for their hard work. I say you girls should rest a bit, I don't want anything bad to happen like over exhaustion and such. WonderGirls Hwaiting! =]
koreanlove21
koreanlove21
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down