ShenYuePop!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question

+5
rayna
noonoo_shoo
xjjjLOVE
ayane000
Tangera
9 posters

Go down

girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question Empty Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question

Post by Tangera Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 pm

Wonder Girls live performances has once again become a hot topic of discussion after a Korean netizen posted their Dream Concert 2008 video.

girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question 20080616103222110b6_103611_0

Idol group, Wonder Girls live performance standards has become a hot topic of discussion among netizens once again. On 13th June, a netizen going by the name of WONGIRL uploaded Wonder Girls live performance video at the Dream Concert 2008. The video title wrote, “Although I am their fan, but this is really”, showing her disappointment over Wonder Girls live performance standard.

The netizen WONGIRL continued by saying, “Their title song So Hot is very unique but it requires immense difficulty to sing it. It’s unlike other singers singing a ballad song but it makes me mad to hear people criticize their live singing ability. Nevertheless, fighting! Wonder Girls fighting!”

The number of people viewing this video has rose crazily since being posted and has already reached 182,000 views with 2,400 replies as netizens debated over it.

And unsurprisingly, two factions has emerged from among the replies, one in support of the Wonder Girls live performances while the other doubting their live performance ability. One wrote, “This song sounds really difficult if you sing it. But the members do have some room for improvement for their live performances.” Others felt that, “They have already given their best shot, there are also times when other singer commit errors on stage."

Source: Coolsmurf @ Wonder Girls Wonderland

=====================================================================

I agree with what Spiderliliez (@ LJ) said about this:
In Korea, it's noticeable how artists lip sync most of the time, even on big concerts. We've seen it in the recent Dream Concert where some artists had to lip sync their songs due to technical difficulties in singing or lack of preparation. But in my opinion, Korean artists should start training hard on their live performances. I know dancing and singing is extremely difficult, but to become a complete entertainer (especially for a pop group), they should be able to do both (sing and dance).

The Wonder Girls can improve more on their live performances. Hopefully this issue has been an eye opener for other Korean artists to improve on it as well. They should understand that not everyone likes it when you fake it. Singers are singers because they have to sing.
Ah. If singers have to sing, perhaps SuJu and SNSD's singing talents have to be questioned? (hmm...) I think in Japan the audience have much higher expectations of their singers and entertainers so the Japanese artistes seldom lipsync (like TVXQ! and BoA). So if they can make it into the Japanese market, they should be really good. :)
Tangera
Tangera

Number of posts : 1338
Warning :
girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question Empty Re: Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question

Post by ayane000 Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:48 am

Why are they questioning wonder girl's singing ability? They should be questioning SNSD instead....those girls can't sing.
-----------------------------------------

I think wonder girl's performance was good, they are girls after all, it is harder for them to sing and dance. TVXQ's live singing used to be horrible, but its so nice now. They just need time to perfect it.
ayane000
ayane000
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 230
Warning :
girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question Empty Re: Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question

Post by xjjjLOVE Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:02 am

wtf ... Wonder Girls ARE getting better
people are just -_________-
come on Wonderfuls what are you saying about our girl?

ayane000 I agree what about SNSD -__-
xjjjLOVE
xjjjLOVE
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 427
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by noonoo_shoo Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:01 am

Lol, wonder girls arent great live, yet theyre acceptable.

I agree though, if theyre live performances are put under question, there's plenty of people who are MUCH MUCH worse.
noonoo_shoo
noonoo_shoo
SYP Writer
SYP Writer

Number of posts : 557
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rayna Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:26 pm

there are just some parts that trouble me, but overall they are good.

WG way better than snsd<< who crack their voices....ewwww
rayna
rayna
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 366
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Key_addict Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:14 am

there are also times when other singer commit errors on stage

I really agree...I think WG performance in Dream Concert was much better than in their comeback stage...

And of course WG performance was even better than SNSD performance, but I can't lie to my self that I hate Taeyon's voice...she really can sing, so I'm still like her
Key_addict
Key_addict
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 71
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonninja598000 Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 pm

well we shouldn't just focus on a few groups...WE HAVE TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. since the majority tend to lipsync...everyone needs to work on ACTUALLY SINGING THEIR SONGS. end of story.

dragonninja598000
SYP Knight
SYP Knight

Number of posts : 1083
Warning :
girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100girls - Wonder Girls Live Performances Called Into Question Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/theone598000

Back to top Go down

Post by christinelovesyunho Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:11 pm

i just love their performance... unlike the snsd's performance, i didnt finish it because the song's kinda annoying...
christinelovesyunho
christinelovesyunho
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 101
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by smile Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:02 pm

wonder what it takes for idol groups to pull off a decent live performance? commitment? ambition? perseverance? obviously groups are too enthralled with their newly found popularity that they forget that they are first and foremost singers. although i am not a hardcore fan of BoA, she really is a true example of an artist who is able to pull off and pull off exceptionally well a difficult dance routine while singing live. dbsk and shinhwa are other examples...
smile
smile
SYP Princess
SYP Princess

Number of posts : 102
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down